Review by jassandra01 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jassandra01
Currently Reading: Guards! Guards!
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jassandra01.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by jassandra01 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by jassandra01 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am a sucker for murder mysteries and The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare did not disappoint. Female Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart is a jewel among men - literally. She has always wanted to be a cop. It's in her blood. Nothing could keep her from her dream, including the misogynistic views of fellow officers in her precinct. When she takes down a dirty superior, however, rethinking her home precinct becomes a necessity, and she finds herself safely in a more welcoming environment in Strandtown... or so she thinks.

How is she personally connected to her new case? Why has she been singled out by a secret informant with insider knowledge of a cold case? What connection does this cold case have to her current one? and is she going to survive this new case and her new precinct?

I give this book four out of four stars. It was a thrilling ride from beginning to end. Multiple turns twist through the plot line and left me with more questions than answers. I loved it. I had a little trouble with the police abbreviations, but a glossary at the end of the book was extremely helpful. I also could have done without the overly feminist views of the main character in the first few chapters, but I enjoyed how she grew as a character towards the end and found that not everyone looked down on her as a woman in a man's world. I highly recommend this book to other mystery lovers, including younger readers.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Deepa09k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa09k.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Deepa09k »

Book's title pulled me into reading your review and you did a nice job of capturing it's essence. Thank you for the review!
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

I'm really glad that the main character stands strong! This sounds like a great, thrill-packed book. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”