Review by Echo Haapala -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Echo Haapala -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you a business owner, a manager or just looking to learn something new? Empowered is the book for you. Author, Dominica Lumazar, uses her own experiences and mistakes as a guide to help others be successful in their business adventures. She lists key skills of leaders, explains marketing tactics, expresses the importance of a work-life balance and helps to strategize business clarity. Open Empowered and learn something new today!

Before I begin listing my reasons for my rating, please know I am not a business owner. I think it is important to state this because I believe many potential readers may shy away just because they don’t own a business. Non-owners, do not be scared! There is much to learn from this book.

Now for the actual review. I was surprised by the way this book made me feel. After reading the first couple of pages, I began feeling inspired. By the end, I was empowered. A fitting title for this book, don’t you think? I think what allowed me to connect to this book was the fact that Dominica Lumazar wrote from experience. She used her own mistakes as a way for others to learn. She was also transparent about her struggles. As a result, the read felt very genuine and authentic instead of like a lecture. Also, this book was completely straight-forward and written in a way that anyone can understand. This is a huge selling point, in my mind.

The other reason for my rating is because of the knowledge that I gained. The author touches on an array of topics that I believe every reader can learn from. We can all benefit from better communication skills or ideas on how to better prioritize our days. Also, there is an entire chapter dedicated to work-life balance. I have struggled to achieve a proper balance for years now. This book stresses the importance of finding a good balance and gives tips on how to do so. As a result, I learned many useful tips that I believe will not only make me a better leader at work but also a better person in my social life.

It is for these reasons that I rate Empowered a 4 out of 4. As for recommendations, there isn’t anyone that I would not recommend this book to because I would suggest it to everyone. The people that I think would enjoy this read the most are business owners, management, potential business owners and anyone that is looking to learn. Further, as a side note, I believe this book has been professionally edited because I did not find a single error.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”