Review by tanner87cbs -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by tanner87cbs -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by tanner87cbs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a fantastic read that encompasses many genres. This book is full of action, science-fiction, romance, and a hint of comedy. The storyline is solid, and the character development and introductions described very well. I read this book in very few sittings, with the chapter endings motivating me to keep on reading. The chapter transitions are comparable to watching a TV show you enjoy and have to binge-watch because of the cliff hanger!

E-M-P Honeymoon starts with a young married couple on their honeymoon in Honduras. What begins as an innocent vacation for an off-duty New Mixco police officer and his wife, quickly turns to the accidental uncovering of a terrorist plot against the United States. These two love-birds are just a few of the exciting characters involved in this thriller. Accompanied by two civilian female security operatives, and a CIA agent that doubles as comic relief, to name a few. An anonymous foreign nation devises an elaborate plan to take out the power grid that supports North America and Canada, along with many civilians in major populated cities. The newly founded American Space Force, the USA team in Honduras, and other government sectors work together to attempt to stop this attack.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the specific change in scenes. The scene of the story is sub-headed in bold text for each scene and scene transition. This format made it easy to follow the shifts in the backdrop of the story. If the scene takes place in the foreign Homeland Pennisula, you do not have to read a paragraph in to pick up on context clues to form the scene in your head. Your mind is more relaxed while reading because of these sub-headings, in my opinion. Also, I enjoyed the excellent balance of detail in the surroundings of the storyline and dialog in the book. There was not too much detail that made a part of the story drag on, and there was not too little to make the story dry.

What I did not enjoy about this book was the unneeded use of profanity. The use of profanity is absent for most of the book, until about the third-way point. Then the use of profanity is light until a few instances towards the end of the book. In my opinion, it was the only pitfall of the book. I will add, the book does not have much graphical mature content. The few instances are more sexual innuendoes or quick non-graphic flirtations from the comic relief. There is no explicit content of this nature.

In conclusion, I enjoyed this book very much and give it a 4 out of 4 stars rating. The book was well-edited; I did not notice any spelling or grammatical errors while reading. I would recommend this book to a broad audience of readers. There is a little bit for everyone who likes to read action, thriller, romance, and science fiction, to name a few. The only word of caution is this book does include profanity. The profanity is scattered through the book and is not excessive. Still, a word of caution that profanity is present.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I enjoyed reading your review. It captured everything about the book without leaving any spoilers. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

Dorothy May Mercer's descriptive prose in E M P Honeymoon breathes life into the story, immersing readers in a world of sensory delights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”