Review by Nimisha_91 -- One Way or Another

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Nimisha_91 -- One Way or Another

Post by Nimisha_91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Way or Another" by Mary J. Williams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Way or Another by Mary J.Williams is the first book is her romantic fiction series starring the Benedict sisters. Andi, Bryce, Calder and Destry Benedict are as close as sisters can be, in spite of having a superficial mother and different fathers. Although born into a billion-dollar household, the 4 sisters are sensible, down-to-earth women who are making their own way in the world. This book focuses on Calder- a beautiful, smart and witty woman who runs a very successful charity called 'Erica's Angels'. Although resistant to everything her Mother says and does, the one lesson she learned from her Mother’s terrible, and multiple marriages, was not to open herself up to any man. This mistrust of the male gender runs in her entire family.

Everything changes when she runs into Adam Stone, a gorgeous man with a successful business. Adam is funny, smart and more importantly, a decent man. From the moment they met, he is all Calder can think about. They get on like a house on fire. The book is about how these two try to find true love in each other, amidst all their issues, Adam’s history, and the drama brought about by Calder's mother and her sleazy new beau.

This book is a fun afternoon read, nothing too intense or complicated. The conversations between the characters are genuine, and entertaining. The witty banter shared by Calder and Adam is one of the main reasons one would enjoy this book. The relationship between the sisters is truly magical and brings a smile to your face. The other characters have been given just enough importance to make you want to read the rest of the books in the series, that tell us their stories.

The only thing I disliked about the book was how the author’s writing seemed a little off in places. Many sentences seem incomplete, or even grammatically wrong. I felt like the editing could have been better in these places, making me conclude the book wasn’t professionally edited.

There is a certain amount of sexual content and vulgar words, making the book more suited for a mature audience. This book would be best enjoyed by fans of adult romantic fiction, between the ages of 20-40. I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is a fun read, and I look forward to reading the other books in this series.

One Way or Another
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”