Review by nicole-adrianne -- Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nicole-adrianne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-adrianne.html
Latest Review: Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

Review by nicole-adrianne -- Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams

Post by nicole-adrianne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chubby Wubbles" by M. J. Abrams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Before you read this review, you should know that I love ferrets. So, the cover, title, and subject of Chubby Wubbles by M. J. Abrams immediately captivated my interest.

Chubby Wubbles is a children's book about Chubby the ferret and Chubby's humans Mark and Jeffrey. One day, Chubby wakes up to find that his best friend Coco is gone, and throughout the rest of the story Chubby has all kinds of adventures while he looks for her. I don't want to give away the entire story, but I do want to say that Chubby Wubbles has a happy ending. It actually made me cry because it was just so cute.

My favorite part of Chubby Wubbles is the pictures. Some are real-life photographs of Chubby and Coco, while others are adorable cartoon illustrations of both ferrets and humans. I remember one especially cute picture of Chubby on a leash and harness outside, and, true to his name, he sure is chubby.

The only thing I disliked about Chubby Wubbles is the lack of editing. There are a few missing commas, and the format of the story is not consistent. However, this is still a lovely little book that I would happily read to any child.

Because of grammatical errors, I couldn't give this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. But, the content and pictures are so sweet and entertaining that I had to give it 3 out of 4.

Like most children's books, Chubby Wubbles is written in a very simplistic style. I would recommend this book to children between the ages of four and eight. As an adult who loves ferrets, I enjoyed this book as well, so I would recommend this book to anyone who loves or owns a ferret. I would not recommend this book to most adults or children who don't like animals.

If you love ferrets, short stories, and tear-jerking happy endings, then read Chubby Wubbles!

Chubby Wubbles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
One feels like a duck, splashing around in all this wet. And when one feels like a duck, one is happy!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”