Review by mac83 -- Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: I Found Some Ancient Hieroglyphs by J.R.LaMar

Review by mac83 -- Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre

Post by mac83 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Confessions of a Manaholic" by P. Pierre.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Confessions of a Manaholic is a book of poetry written by P. Pierre. The author writes the poems using a narrative style. She writes from her own experiences. Her poems include the topics of love, infatuation, and heartbreak. The book is broken down into nine parts to express the author's raw emotions on each part. Pierre talks of her love for a man, the feelings she works through, and about finding herself. The book expresses the growth she goes through.

I believe readers who like poetry will enjoy reading this book. Those who like a variety in poetry will also find this collection to be interesting. Individuals who are not fans of poetry will want to skip on this book. Those who aren't big on reading about others' emotions will also probably want to pass on reading this one.

I like how each section starts off with the author's personal notes before continuing on with the poems. It gives a glimpse of what the next section will be about. I found I could relate to some of the poems. It is almost like the author was writing in a diary, and I found myself understanding what she was talking about. One poem I felt I could relate to is "The Morning Person." I'm always the type who wants the person I'm with to open up and tell me whatever is on their mind. The author is asking her love to do exactly that in this poem. I feel most readers will find they can sympathize with the author's thoughts on at least one of the poems. They can also draw their own conclusions to what is taking place in the poems.

I did notice that some poems would flow better than others. A few were longer because there was repetition. While this isn't a bad thing, it just made it harder for me to enjoy these specific poems. At times, it felt like I was reading something a high school student would write. I understand poetry is about someone's own thoughts, but I think at times there could have been a better choice of words or a better description could have been used.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. I believe the book is professionally edited. It contained no spelling or grammatical errors. The book is well-organized. The poems also have an order to how they are placed in the book. I didn't always care for the word flow. Some poems sounded juvenile and cliche so I took a star away for this aspect. Overall, the book was enjoyable. I would be interested in reading other books by this author.

Confessions of a Manaholic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”