Review by Falconcrest -- Amulet's Rapture by Linnea Tanner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Falconcrest
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 73
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Falconcrest -- Amulet's Rapture by Linnea Tanner

Post by Falconcrest »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Amulet's Rapture" by Linnea Tanner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is legitimately the third installment of the book series Curse of the Clansmen and Kings. Amulets Rapture positively begins with a recap of the previous two editions. Catrin is promptly captured by the victorious Romans and enslaved. Her gorgeous hair is shaved off, and she is naturally forced to promptly assume the chosen identity of a slave boy under the guise of the official name Vibius. While in captivity she humbly comes across a crow fledgling. This crow fledgling soon amplifies her supernatural abilities and instantly becomes a conduit for her to gently tap into her mystical abilities.

She is typically forced into a vigorous training regime by her crafty master Decimus. She is then commanded to adequately train with the other soldiers, and this undoubtedly becomes an arduous struggle as her masculine counterparts are physically more fit than her. While further away in Rome Marcellus struggles with his memory loss, and is plagued by recurring dreams of an attractive woman with golden hair in a raven helmet. Who is this mysterious woman and why does he feel so empty ever since he miraculously returned from Britannia? Will Catrin be joyfully reunited with her beloved husband and will she reclaim her lost thrown in Britannia and amply avenge the death of her father, mother, and sister by the hands of her stepbrother her Marrock?

This published story traditionally consists of some distinct adult themes and is only suitable for a mature audience. They are main pertinent topics that revolve around sexual abuse and torture so youthful readers that are exceptionally sensitive are typically advised to stay clear of this remarkable book. I sincerely appreciated the unique way the rare story moved along smoothly and the characters all came to life with adequate energy and I can firmly say this book can be devoured as a stand-alone as the author provides the reader with enough information to piece the whole story together. I easily bonded with the heroic protagonist Catrin and Marcellus and was emotionally connected to their heartfelt plight. The notable author typically possesses a brilliant, creative imagination and skillfully builds on all her character's roles and backgrounds. There was nothing considerable to naturally dislike about this sensational story as the editing was professionally executed, and I could only just detect two typographical errors in the whole book. Amulets Rapture by Linnea Tanner has been successfully award a four out of four stars ratings for a truly dazzling story.

I equally enjoyed the consistent themes that revolved around European sexuality during that historical era. I instantly found it extremely educational how the British, Greek and Roman noblemen shared similar sexual appetites when it naturally came to the specific subject of homosexuality. The modern world has evolved so much since then, and I can comfortably say I universally respect and eagerly embrace anyone’s and everyone’s sexual preferences. The distinguished author realistically accomplished a marvelous job with her plot and story-line and the published book reads very comfortably. As I eagerly read this story, I was surprised to learn slavery was not only dominant to Africa, but Europe also had its exploits of the slave trade on its white populace. Amulets Rapture flows like a classic fairy-tale story and undoubtedly has some really wonderful fairy tale elements.

This fascinating story also contains some really great vivid and violent imagery and is unsuitable for the younger book worms. While most of the principal characters naturally had solid roles and extensive backgrounds a few sadly didn’t as they naturally achieved their brief appearances. Throughout this charming story, the mythological theme of the raven is highlighted clearly, and it was highly thought-provoking to grasp how the raven was feared and revered by people in that era. This splendid book, in addition, contains some remarkably astonishing historical facts that were seamlessly blended into the story-line. I was intrigued as I naturally learned terms like “Matricide” and enjoyed the authors amazing writing like ‘ The rumors spread like wildfire that she was a female warrior who had inspired a young Roman woman to rise up against her husband.” This incredible story typically comprises of some really awesome scenes that will be great in a groundbreaking movie, and I can’t wait for the next installment in the successful series. However, this fascinating story also contains some erotic scenes that are not very detailed as much was left to the active imagination of the diligent reader. It additionally possesses a generous handful of swear words that are not extremely offensive, and this classic book is suitable for anyone of any organized religion. I further recommend this remarkable book to all passionate fans of the historical fiction genre and to all devoted readers who genuinely enjoy an entertaining story that respectively has a fairy tale theme. Insincere regard, I was exceedingly satisfied with the book as a cohesive whole and was unable to assign it a more mediocre rating.

Amulet's Rapture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very engaging read with a solid historical background. I loved that the book also has elements of a fairy tale :) Thank you very much for a great review!

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Ellylion wrote:
25 Jan 2020, 05:30
Sounds like a very engaging read with a solid historical background. I loved that the book also has elements of a fairy tale :) Thank you very much for a great review!
It is a very engaging story, and definitely has a lot of historical facts. Thanks for your amazing comments.

Julius_
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Gaza
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A book with vivid yet violet imagery sounds good. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Julius_ wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 09:03
A book with vivid yet violet imagery sounds good. Thanks for the review.
Oh yes, it certainly does have those elements. Thanks for stopping by.

espo
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espo.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by espo »

Thanks for your remarkable review, I haven't read the book but I felt like you captured its essence in its entirety. What I liked the most about your review is your remarks about slavery and European sexuality of the time. Well-done!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

espo wrote:
28 Jan 2020, 07:16
Thanks for your remarkable review, I haven't read the book but I felt like you captured its essence in its entirety. What I liked the most about your review is your remarks about slavery and European sexuality of the time. Well-done!
I am honored, and extremely happy that you enjoyed my review. Thanks so much for your, fantastic comments. And thanks for stopping by.

shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: A Woman Does It Better by A Very Lucky Lady

Post by shannonkate8 »

Not sure if I'm concerned or interested. The book is giving me too many mixed feelings!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

shannonkate8 wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 16:07
Not sure if I'm concerned or interested. The book is giving me too many mixed feelings!
Am sorry you feel that way, it is still a great story. Thanks for stopping by.

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 362
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: A Golfing Genius by John Atkinson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Your review gave nice insight into the book contents. The book appears to have nice fantasy story which is backed by historical events and makes reading quite pleasurable.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Shabram22
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabram22.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Chain by Patricia Rossi

Post by Shabram22 »

I'm not sold on this book. Thanks for your review.

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

sanjus wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 13:26
Your review gave nice insight into the book contents. The book appears to have nice fantasy story which is backed by historical events and makes reading quite pleasurable.
Thanks so much, for your great comments. It really was very enjoyable, and I hope you also read it?

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Shabram22 wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 13:10
I'm not sold on this book. Thanks for your review.
Well am sorry you feel that way, because the story is an eye opener that clearly defines what life was like during that era. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”