Review by Syson Dolph -- Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Syson Dolph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syson-dolph.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Syson Dolph -- Cynthia and Dan

Post by Syson Dolph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is the story of Cynthia's love life versus her obligations. Cynthia, who is the chief of security, investigator and bodyguard, disguises herself as a part-time receptionist for Senator Mike McBride. Upon her arrival at Washington DC, Cynthia bumps into Sky. One happening leads to another, up until when the two give into their desires, is the pattern of the unfolding that went on between Patterson and Eastman.

The author tells the tale from a lively perspective from start up to the end. The events were not dated, but the author narrated about the weather patterns of the location where the story took place. The writer vividly describes the facial features, physical builds, traits and intentions of each one of the characters deployed concentrating mainly on Sky and Cynthia. Dorothy also talks of what the environment was like in Washington DC that is to say motor vehicles, distinct meals, moral displays et cetera.

I rate the story 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the writer aroused my intrigue with the preceding events. The deceit seems out of place, but still remains real. The story was professionally edited. Dorothy May Mercer narrates to us the story of Cynthia and Dan. I loved: how Cynthia and Sky met, the descriptive writing which shows why Patterson and Eastman gave into their weaknesses and the story in totality. I wonder who Sky Eastman is because he was well informed of all that there was to know about Cynthia, or the drone which made its way to Capitol Hill. While reading, I discovered that Cynthia and Dan were involved in a long distance relationship. Even though Eastman was active smoker, the luxuries and charisma he had at his disposal made him appear more attractive than his defects. I also thought that Eastman was set on seducing Patterson, having seen that she was very beautiful. The story proved that, love at first sight occurs when the qualities that are interesting of the counterpart go beyond one's expectations.

I recommend this book to lovers of stories detailing love at first sight, temptations and reading in general.

The first word that pertains to profanity is at location 57 of 596. The sentence says, 'What's so damned funny?' she demanded, rising from her chair, hands on hips. There are three erotic scenes. Even though there is the section rated R, which is the most revealing of all, the writer still remained discreet. Hence, I rate the book 1 out of 5 on the scale of eroticism.

I learned that: boys will be boys, all that glitters is not gold, it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, money talks, out of sight, out of mind, and there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

The love stories in the book are interesting to read. Cynthia character was my favorite. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”