Review by Tam23 -- Murdered by James Schannep

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tam23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tam23.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Tam23 -- Murdered by James Schannep

Post by Tam23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Murdered" by James Schannep.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I give the murder mystery novel, Murdered by the author, James Schannep, a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This was a super fun read that allows the reader to be in the story. You can choose between various people you are with, locations you can go to, actions you can take, and questions you can ask to guide the direction the story will go. By being able to be a character in the story, I was most definitely immersed in the adventures of this book while reading.

The story takes place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is 4 days before the celebration of Carnaval, considered the largest annual festival in the world. This coincides with an energy summit being held in the area. The reader gets lost in an alley and stumbles across a dead body. While investigating the scene, the reader sees the killer and can identify him. You are the only witness. From there, you are given options throughout the story of what will happen next. Depending on your choices, you decide how the murder is solved and who is actually guilty of the crime.

This book allows the reader to wander into 3 possible story lines. It even has a surprise plot within the book that you may stumble across. This is a bonus. The story revolves around the clean energy industry and various ideas of production alternatives, which is an important issue we are all currently facing. This is extremely relevant to our world concerns of today.

I would recommend this fun interactive read to murder mystery lovers. It is 3 books in one, if the reader chooses to discover all the possible story lines. Definitely, a cost effective deal for avid readers. I would recommend writing down the earlier chapters you have covered so you don't wander through the same plot you previously read. I would think this book might be a little difficult to navigate as a physical book in hand. Since I read this story on my kindle, it was easy to make choices and be taken directly to your selections.

I only have one dislike with this story that may make it less desirable to some. The mystery plot of the book is not overly suspenseful or climactic but the ability to choose your own path makes it worthwhile. Therefore, I would recommend this book to all adult readers. Since it is a murder plot, it is not appropriate for young readers, in my opinion.

Murdered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”