Review by Petra1791 -- Murdered by James Schannep

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Petra1791
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petra1791.html
Latest Review: Murdered by James Schannep

Review by Petra1791 -- Murdered by James Schannep

Post by Petra1791 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Murdered" by James Schannep.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murdered by James Schannep is a “who-dun-it” fiction book with interactive links at the end of each chapter. You, the reader, are the main character who chooses how the storyline progresses and ends. The story takes place in present-day Rio de Janeiro in Brazil a few days before the beginning of the Carnaval celebrations. You are on vacation with your friends, but because of the large crowds, you get swept away from your group. You seek shelter in an alley where you discover the dead body of a woman. As you look around, you see a gun and a note with the words, PICK ME UP. Here your interaction begins. There are multiple endings in the book, so it is possible to go back and choose another choice. Regardless of which action link you choose, you will embark on a journey going to new places and meeting different people that will keep you entertained and eager to find the killer. This book is the second installment of the Click Your Poison series.

This book was so much fun to read. I felt like I was in a video game, and I was impressed by the creativeness of the interaction. Having never seen this format before, I was glad Mr. Schannep included instructions on how to proceed. Each chapter was short, which allowed the story to progress at a nice pace. The main characters were likable which also added to the reading experience. The amount of research on law enforcement strategies gave credence to the story.

The tone of the book was exciting. I loved exploring the clues and the choices to make the next move. The interaction gave me a sense of being right in the action and the story like a motion picture. The plot was well-developed, and I was never bored.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I am a fan of murder mysteries, and this book delivered an enticing plot with well-defined characters, and I was not disappointed. I have never been to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil so it was fun to explore the country in the story. The book was also well-edited, and I did not find any mistakes.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book for adults and young adults who enjoy a good murder mystery. One cautionary note, however, there is foul language dotted throughout the book. Other than that, I found the book to be appropriate for young adult readers since there was no graphic violence or sex. Although my outcome proves that I am not a gifted crime-solver, this book was still enjoyable, and I encourage all to read it.

Murdered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I am enough."
- The Uncompromised Life

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”