Review by Michelle Fred -- The Employee Millionaire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Review by Michelle Fred -- The Employee Millionaire

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Employee Millionaire" by H. J. Chammas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

With 50% of small businesses failing in the first five years, and a mere 30% making it past ten years, it doesn't take a soothsayer to realize that the average person is unlikely to attain financial freedom through running a business. So, when I read about Chammas' alternative approach to wealth creation, it piqued my interest.

The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas is a salary worker’s guide to financial freedom through investment and ownership of rental properties, while still keeping their 9 to 5. The book serves as a comprehensive manual for anyone interested in real estate, specifically, rental properties. He enumerates the barriers to entry, how to know if you qualify for a mortgage loan, and if you don't, what to do about it. In addition, he discusses the due diligence process of buying a property. He also mentioned other ways of financing a property purchase if you don't want to take the mortgage route amongst other things. It details the mindset and steps required to succeed as a property investor. The templates and formulas used to compute the common-sense math of buying and managing a property are on the author's website.

I loved Chammas’ perspective on the attainment of financial freedom. While most authors demonize paid employment, Chammas acknowledges the safe cushion it provides, albeit temporary. Everyone isn't cut out for business; in fact, some people are probably better off keeping their job whilst investing in passive income streams on the side. He believes that with the right knowledge and guidance, anyone can invest and build wealth by owning rental properties.

I like his writing style, but my only quibble is his excessive repetition of some points. Peradventure he thought them important enough to bear repeating, but it became tiring as my reading progressed and slowed my reading pace.

All aspects of the book duly considered, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I would have loved to give it a perfect score, but the number of grammatical errors it contains forced me to detract a star. I like how the author demystified the financial rules guiding property investment and broke it down to the layman's level. His advice is country and location-specific, so he recommends that anyone interested in towing a similar path does not substitute his words for professional advice. He implores that aspiring property investors do their due diligence and seek professional counsel tailored to their needs and location.

I would recommend the book to anyone interested in owning rental properties. His wealth of experience and lead-by-the-hand teaching technique is something even a seasoned investor will find useful.

The Employee Millionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

An interesting book about becoming a millionaire as an employee. Too bad the author repeated some points. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

I'm really interested in this book, being a rental property owner myself. Thanks for such an informative and well-written review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”