Review by KCWolf -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KCWolf
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 21
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 64
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Freddie Mercury
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: Murdered by James Schannep
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Review by KCWolf -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by KCWolf »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I found the non-fiction alternative medicine book Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet to be intriguing, insightful, and beneficial.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as the editing is impeccable. Apparently, Dominique Bourlet feels as strongly about taking great care of his manuscript as much as his health. I found only one small error. (Page 152 "your owns hands." Instead of "your own hands.")

To summarize: this book teaches you some basic positive thinking techniques to help you heal your own body. It uses real-life examples of patient cases and lists the techniques that can help you overcome pain and discomfort by basically looking at pain and discomfort as a way your body is communicating with you. According to the author, by talking with your body and implementing spiritual rituals, you can increase positive emotions and reduce your levels of pain and discomfort.

What I liked most about this book was the concept of "naming" the body part in pain (or BOP as the author refers to it) and using that name to communicate with it.

I suffer from migraine headaches, and applied this Happy Healing technique by naming my cranium "Byron." When "Byron" is communicating with me through pain, I know I have to get off the computer or tablet for a while, dab some tiger balm on my forehead and rest my eyes (rather than immediately reaching for my prescription migraine relief medicine).

In addition to that, I liked when the author talked about the positive changes toward the body, half-way through the process, and the realization that you and your BOP(s) are a team. This teamwork is very important.

What I disliked most was that it was rather repetitive. Also, it was a little too New Age for me, but Dominique Bourlet explains how the spiritual mantras of the Happy Healing protocol can be reworded for anyone, and applicable to any belief system. For example, just replace "God" or "the Father" where the author addresses "The Cosmos."

There is no inappropriate content or profanity in this non-fiction self-healing book. I recommend Happy Healing and its prescribed techniques to those dealing with health issues, especially if they have exhausted other means of treatment and medication. I'm not certain it's a cure for all illnesses and ailments; however, I think it is worth a try before any drastic surgery and/or prescription medications (especially opiates). Also, I recommend it to anyone interested in learning about alternative medical theories and techniques as practitioners or patients.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Redemption Trails.

Julius_
Bookshelves Moderator
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

A nice book about alternative healing methods. Yours was a nice review. Congratulations!
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”