Review by masroor fathima -- My Purpose by Bruce Francois

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
masroor fathima
Favorite Author: Christopher J. Penington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masroor-fathima.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Spring by G.X. Chen
fav_author_id: 182028

Review by masroor fathima -- My Purpose by Bruce Francois

Post by masroor fathima »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Purpose" by Bruce Francois.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

MY PURPOSE will get you started on the right road to figuring out who you are as a person and what you want out of life. Based on his experiences, Bruce Francois addresses life’s fundamental questions and helps you to understand your purpose.

Bruce francois presents a view of the world that outlines how culture and society affects our relationship with fundamental aspects of life including love, money, work, faith, etc. He asks compelling questions throughout the book that prompts one to think deeply about what should be important in one’s life. He rightly points out the problems in our culture where money and status is seen as a measure of “better off” which leads to the feeling of never enough. He says that instead of the American dream, there could be a community of people coming together for a purpose, constructing shared goals and helping each to reach them.

The author says that at the core of every human being is a person who offers more good to the world than bad. The book is truly life changing. It inspires one to examine life deeply and encourages one to have a closer, more intimate relationship with God. It challenges you to reassess and rethink the very idea of what a good life might be.

Through careful examination of the scripture, the author shows that God is involved actively in his creation and all the struggles that we experience in our lives has a purpose. The book serves as a great tool at pointing one toward seeing the big picture of life. This is a great layman’s theological treatise on the sovereignty of God in the midst of life’s sufferings.

The book takes time to read, because you have to contemplate what you have read. The information is so profound that you need enough time to let it sink in. There are so many gems in the book that are readily usable. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The writing of the author is simple and straightforward. The book seems to be thoroughly edited. I didn’t come across any grammatical error.

The book gives hope for finding meaning and ideas for redefining success. I recommend this book for those who are looking for a shift in life, anyone who is looking to improve their life for better and to move forward and anyone who finds their relationship with god weakening and is seeking to strengthen it.

My Purpose
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”