Review by CnderAngel -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga bo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CnderAngel
2019 Reading Goal: 17
Favorite Author: Janet McNulty
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnderangel.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
fav_author_id: 15021

Review by CnderAngel -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga bo...

Post by CnderAngel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes by Janet McNulty Review

The story was very imaginable and personable. I was expecting more out of one of those old adventure stories from the 90's. But the book did not fail to surprise me. The story explored about space, traveled the planets, and in the depths of the ocean, was truly breathtaking. The story itself was really good. I rate the book 4 out of 4. The story starts with an Extraterrestrial, named Rynah and her home planet. After finding a horrible truth about someone that she once knew, her planet was destroyed and had lost all her friends and family by the end of its destruction, most of all, losing the crystal itself in the process to keep her planet alive. She was left alone and soon discoveries her grand father's ship, and what secrets it holds.

She then later, found out what the person that had destroyed her home was up to. Rynah not only wanted revenge but to also save what remains of her home planet, and the world itself before it's too late. Rynah discovers that to save the entire world from her new enemy, she will need the help of the heroes from the prophecy, heard of only in tales. Thanks to the ship's help, Rynah meets these new heroes but learns the hard way that she must learn how to get along with them, and more importantly trust in them. With their help, she hopes to fix the wrong that was brought upon her home planet and the world.

There is more to the story than what I have mentioned here, but this is only for the first volume. The story itself continues within the series. However, if you do read the first volume you will have to read all four of the volumes to know what happens next. If you are looking for a book that has space adventures or adventures in general, that tell a good story, adds some violence into it, a few of adult content that comes your way, and along with some drama and pirates here and there. Either way, rather you are not into that sort of thing. I recommend it to anyone who is. Or at least give it a chance. As for me, I enjoyed this book, and it didn't fail to disappoint me.

If I have to say a few things I don't like about this book, is that in this one part. The 16-year-old girl could have gotten raped by this guy if it hadn't been for her friend to stop it. I am glad she didn't, but there is in this one part of where the character had said somethings to her that mentions it or somewhat hints it, that part makes me uncomfortable is all. Another I don't like is this one part, which was a bit depth in detail which was another disgusting scene, where a guy had his arm cut off. And a few other adult things in some scenes, however, it wasn't far into detail or put it far in depth thankfully, so I was able to still enjoy reading the book. But it still made me somewhat uncomfortable, regardless of how much detail it was put in about it. But hey, it all fits the plot and if you do give it a chance to read it. You'll see what I mean.

Now what I love in this book, is that the ship's personality. She makes me want to have my own talking yet caring computer, or other words, a ship. What I also like is how Kynah and the ship's relationship is. There were some good and bad moments between the two, and especially the others with Kynah. Including the details that the author had put into the planets, I really loved the parts in which the characters go and explore them, you also learn the names of the planets along with their journey, which adds more interesting things to the story.

The ending and the book itself was really good, it brought me tears when I finished reading and why I rate it 4 out of 4, book volume 1, had gotten me hook, as I am excited to continue onward within the series. I can't wait to see what happens next! And that is why I recommend it to others! I strongly encourage others that are adults or teens to read and to give this a chance!

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”