Review by Falconcrest -- Masters and Bastards

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Review by Falconcrest -- Masters and Bastards

Post by Wyland »

It will be interesting trying to learn the secret of Isabella and other characters in the book. Thanks for the wonderful review.

MustaHarleen
Currently Reading: Warrior of Shadows: The Final Battle
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustaharleen.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by MustaHarleen »

I love the suspense aspect of Masters and Bastards. His descriptions of things that have no solid backgrounds, as you mentioned, makes the book even more interesting for me. Thank you for your insightful review.

Falconcrest
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 73
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Trinity's Fall by PA Vasey

Post by Falconcrest »

Tomah wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 11:56
This sounds like a well-written sci-fi/fantasy novel that should appeal to fans of page-turners. I'm interested in giving it a try. Thanks for the review!
I hope you definitely do give it a try. I personally found it intriguing and it kept me at the edge of my seat for the duration of the story. Thanks for your amazing comments and thanks for stopping by.
:tiphat:

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 13:14
This sounds like a fast-paced mix of different kinds of action. Thank you for your thorough review!
Oh yes most definitely it has a lot of action scenes interwoven into the story-line.Your welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my review and thanks for your awesome comments.

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

inaramid wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 19:59
It sounds like the author put a lot of thought and research into the worldbuilding. You've certainly made this sound interesting. Thanks for the review!
After careful analysis of the entire book. I picked up several interesting terms that where skillfully interwoven into the story-line. Going a step further i was astonished as i learnt the actual historical connection to these terms used by the author. I must say the author did a marvelous job with his research and word building. Thanks for your kind words.

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Prisallen wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 12:05
There is a fine line between too few descriptions and too many. I agree when the author starts describing things not relevant to the story, it can take away from the focus. Otherwise, it seems like an exciting book. Thanks for the wonderful review!
I agree with you completely and it almost put me off initially, but i was glad i did not as the story flowed much easier after that and it is an exciting story. Thanks so much for your spectacular comments and thanks for taking the time to read my review. :D

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

CommMayo wrote:
09 Dec 2019, 15:23
This was an interesting book to read. I think the author was gearing up for much more religious overtones in a sequel as they started to increase toward the end of the novel. I like how you included some information you found while doing some digging on the terms used in the book.
I also picked up on that towards the end of the book. I really enjoy dissecting a story before i dish-out my reviews. Thanks for your wonderful comments CommMayo and i love your profile picture it's really cool. 8)

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Cotwani wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 03:57
I know the feeling when you get so lost in description you have to re-read to find yourself!

Thanks for this detailed review Falconcrest!
It does become become a little frustrating at times, but luckily they weren't that frequent in this book. Thanks for your fantastic comments and thanks for stopping by Cotwani.
:tiphat:

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Wyland wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 03:24
It will be interesting trying to learn the secret of Isabella and other characters in the book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Your in for a treat Isabella wont disappoint you i guarantee. Wyland i also love your profile picture where is this? I would love to do that some time as i analyse a book. Thanks for your amazing comments and am glad you enjoyed my review.
:techie-studyinggray:

Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

MustaHarleen wrote:
15 Dec 2019, 10:10
I love the suspense aspect of Masters and Bastards. His descriptions of things that have no solid backgrounds, as you mentioned, makes the book even more interesting for me. Thank you for your insightful review.
This story is packed with suspense and it really is an interesting story. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for taking your time to read my review.
:no-spoil:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”