Review by Candiew -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Candiew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candiew.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by Candiew -- The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Candiew »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Dark Web Murders by Brian O’Hare was a devastatingly gripping thriller! It felt like I was reading an intensely detailed script of an episode of Law and Order. There are no in-your-face erotic scenes but this is a modern mystery set in the modern world of technology. The book would be better suited for young adults. Intellectuals, thinkers and those of us who love a good murder mystery with a showering of philosophical analysis. The author uses a broad and lavish vocabulary to entice even the mediocre reader.

The story starts off very unassuming. We are introduced to what we later find out is the key character in the plot. The person of whom the story revolves around, a young man by the name of Kevin Lane. In our quest to find the killer we are met with unforeseen circumstances that takes us off course only to come full circle in explaining the unlawful underbelly of the elite.

Kevin Lane is a slight, yet attractive young man with a sweet an subtle demeanor. For reasons that soon become more clear as the story progresses, Kevin is being incarcerated under the assumption and subsequent conviction of murder. As he enters the prison that he has been assigned too, he gets his first and last look behind the curtains of the justice system. Kevin, like so many others, has become the victim of the political influence of the judicial system and something much darker. Something that seems to avoid the light right up until the end. With so many players trying to cover up their own feral qualities with lies and misdirection, Kevin becomes the pawn and the missing link in the case.

With a never ending supply of suspects from “The Club”, it is a hard case for Detective Sheehan to crack. Even with his years of experience and his Sherlock Holmes qualities, Detective Sheehan is no match for this mysterious killer. The world he uncovers is a miscreants dream, full of sex parties, pedophilia, homemade snuff movies and torture. The players who belong to “The Club” are the elite. Political figures, Judges, Aristocrats and the like mingle with other wealthy members in their quest to fulfill the sickest of fantasies. The twist and turns to this dramatic, yet intriguing novel is likely to keep you coming back for more.

The blogs (my least favorite part) are a bit long winded and littered with political a philosophical mumbo jumbo that derails the story line at times. It uses so much deceptively minuscule foul language (example: sh*t, damn, hell) that you become accustomed to it but It did not bother me as it was fitting of the story line. The flow of the book was great but the narration of the murderer comes at unexpected spots in the story. Thankfully (and my favorite part) the descriptions are so well written that imagining your own presence in the scene comes easily. All in all I would give this book 3 out of 4 Stars because it is a well written novel with very few errors. The kind of novel that you can loose yourself in. Following the investigation is enjoyable and exciting and leaves the reader on the edge of their seat right up until the end.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This sounds like an incredible read. I hope the blogs won't detract much from the overall enjoyment of the book. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I agree that the blog thing was boring. The gory details of murders were annoying at times but otherwise, the novel was good.
Thanks for a nice review Candiew☺.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”