Review by ChaniT -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ChaniT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanit.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by ChaniT -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ChaniT »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami will grab you from the first page. An intriguing tale of timeless romance, a wedding painting by Leonardo Da Vinci that the world believes never existed, and a sociopath on the hunt for the mysterious painting makes the reader wonder how is all of this connected? How will it end?

Alberto Scordata has an interest in this Da Vinci painting. After being fired from the Getty Museum because of immoral conduct, Scordata will stop at nothing to get his hands on the painting including murder.
Angela Renatus is an expert art historian who managed an internship at the Getty Museum in California. She is haunted by strange dreams and visions from 1475 of Giuliano Medici, Fioretta Gorini, and Leonardo Da Vinci but she doesn't understand what the dreams mean.
A friend of Angela's asked her to help Alex Caine, a private investigator of stolen art, in his search for the Leonardo Da Vinci painting that art historians claimed did not exist. A wealthy German man, Max Jaeger, hired Alex to find the painting and clear his uncle's name.
When Angela and Alex meet they feel chemistry immediately, as if they had been lovers in another life. Angela leaves her job at the museum to get away from Scordata. She and Alex work together trying to locate the painting. They fly to Florence, Italy to visit the Uffizi Museum and research the history of the Medici family and Da Vinci paintings. While in Italy the dreams and visions become more intense and she finds herself pulled back in time to 1944 where she follows two lovers, Gerhard Jaeger
And Sophia Caro.
Could Angela and Alex be a reincarnation of these two couples? Are they cursed because of the Da Vinci painting and can it be broken? Or, is their love doomed to be another tragic love story?

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars.
I dislike the abundance of sexual scenes in this book. A romance can be written beautifully without detailed descriptions of the couples love making. It took away from the plot, and I found myself wanting to skim those pages just to get back to the mystery.
This book uses major profanity in it which is another reason for the 3 star rating.

I love the way the author beautifully mixes the 3 eras together pulling the reader into the story allowing them to feel all the emotions of the characters and see Italy from their perspective.
The author proved knowledgeable in Renaissance Art as well as its history causing the idea of a missing Da Vinci painting to very enticing.

I would recommend this book to adults that love history, paranormal romance, and a good thriller; however, for adult readers whose morality does not like profanity or sensuality I would recommend not reading this.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”