Review by Mouricia25 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia25
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 150
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 216
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Review by Mouricia25 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

Post by Mouricia25 » 22 Oct 2019, 05:19

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is a children's book. It is the eight book in the Inca Cat Detective series. The story is about cat detective Inca, as she heads to South Korea with her family and friends. Her Mom is a very well known and liked chef, who was invited to participate in two events. Inca and her friends find themselves tangled up in different adventures, and got more than they bargained for.

I really love it when a children's book has a good plot. It makes it very enjoyable for the parent who has to read it, and for the child. I love the table of contents. It was so quirky and cool. I loved that there was an introduction of the different characters, which helped the reader to understand better who the various characters were.

What I loved the most about this book is just how much factual information you can learn. For example, I learned that the Korean Demilitarized Zone was a stretch of land between North and South Korea that served as a buffer.

The book has 120 pages, which I consider to be a great length, as it wasn't too long or short. What I liked least were the font and size, but it wasn't a major issue. The story was written like a diary, which I thought was pretty cool and interesting. I love how light-hearted it was. It was a very easy read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how well written it was. I saw no typos, and the story was very engaging. It is a book for children, and so the writing matched that. There was no explicit language used, and the contents are all age-appropriate. I recommend this book to parents who are looking for fun and interesting stories for their kids.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”