Review by Anthony__ -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern ...

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance" by Morris Rollins.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What are the fundamental differences between men and women in terms of creating a romantic relationship? Morris Rollins uses artistic languages and illustrations to explain the mentioned question in his book titled The Chauvinist’s Guide to Modern Romance.

The book contains 57 pages. It’s all about the author’s opinion on modern relationship after having been abused by ladies (Nice girls and Bad girls). Based on his experiences, he decided to pose as a ghost-writer (Pen name: Morris Rollins) and shared his view through this book. Morris believes in a natural phenomenon where a man should be in control of a woman. However, man is presently under the captive of a woman unknowingly through feminine allure. Although this book is about male chauvinism, Morris highlighted incredible features that women have acquired because of modern civilization. He believes women want to be ruled by the genuine man and emphasized that men will always stir women’s passion. He backed up his points with charts and images. With this, he examined various types of women (Nice lady, Bad girl, Nympho, and Blonds) and men (Tough guy, Sharp guy, Smooth guy, and Nice guy).

Morris’s writing is engaging right from the start. Some sections are hilarious with practical guidelines for men. I admire how the author advises men to let go of their ego and handle women as a smarter human being. Another thing I cherish in this book is the author’s classification of various kind of girls. Having this understanding will help men to study the kind of girl they are dating based on some of the author’s valuable points.

However, I don’t agree with some of the author’s point of view. For instance, some guidelines in the section for trapping bad girls and catholic girls are unadvisable to follow. I expect any reader of this book to pick out the useful guidelines and discard the remaining ones that are unuseful to him. Furthermore, advertising unpublished book within the pages is unprofessional. The author should have done that at the back of the book.

In conclusion, I rate The Chauvinist’s Guide to Modern Romance 3 out of 4 stars. I subtracted one star because of the unnecessary adverts and some misleading guidelines that I found in the book. Notwithstanding, the book is well-edited as I did not find any typographical or grammatical errors in it. Therefore, I would recommend this book to every man that is above 18 years of age.

The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

Thanks for the honest review and good recommendation.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

Amazing review! You have included both the summary of the book and your opinion on it, successfully assessing it.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Nice review! I do not consider reading it, though. Well done!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

Amazing review and nice comment on the book. I think the readers must be careful while reading the book.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

I'm really not cool with chauvinism but your review is cool. Weldone
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

Thanks for the great review. Also, I think I quite agree with you for the deduction of one-star. It seems fair to me. Nice one!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”