Review by Agnes098 -- The Poison Profession

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Review by Agnes098 -- The Poison Profession

Post by Agnes Masobeng » 06 Oct 2019, 13:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Poison Profession" by Rachel Wright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Centered around Louisa and her brothers Jack and Tom, The Poison Profession is the first book in a cyber-thriller series. It follows a famous top security company named Clayman security. Many people believe that Louisa obtained her wealth through her position as CEO of this famous security company. However, Clayman security is just a cover up for an anonymous assassination company named Crail. Like any other company, there is a division of labour in Crail. Louisa’s responsibility includes murdering certain targets mercilessly, she is sent all over the world to complete such missions. Jack takes care of fake IDs, Passwords and erases the evidence that could risk the true identity of Crail; in short he is a computer genius who installs viruses on other people's computers when the need arises. And Tom is in charge of most of the fake companies.

Crail has run its affairs smoothly until Louisa fell in love with Rikard. One of Rikard's friends was always overprotective, and he had a hard time trusting people. It is not a surprise that he was suspicious of Louisa. He ended up digging and finding information which he was not supposed to find. What happens to a low-class honest person who strives to live by the book? The very person who can't let other people live their corrupt lives in peace? I mean, the one who just can't mind his own business?

Yes, you guessed it right: that is where Rikard's friend ended up. But now, how do you live with yourself as Louisa knowing exactly what has happened to your lover's best friend? I was really moved in tears and had to stop reading the book for a day in an attempt to adjust what Louisa decided to do. I thought she was being too harsh and heartless but then it was the best decision for the both of them. The way their relationship ended reminded me of Romeo and Juliet and their enchanting love.

Characters were well-developed, I understood their background as well as their plans for the future. I liked how well Wright Rachael described things, events and scenes. Upon reading how Louisa’s mansion and Akeela's hut were well described I virtually saw them in front of me. I was very impressed. I also liked the unity between Louisa and her brothers. They portrayed a true family. I didn't like how Rikard and Louisa's relationship was portrayed. Because of what Louisa did to Markus (Rikard's best friend), the author made it seem like there is no forgiveness in love or in relationships. Who knows, maybe Rikard would have forgiven Louisa after he knew the entire truth.

And I was extremely happy not to stumble across numerous grammatical errors. It was just a few errors which did not affect my rating. There is therefore no doubt that The Poison Profession was professionally edited. I rate it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars. If you're fascinated by murder and assassination, I recommend this book to you. Because of erotic scenes, this book is not suitable for young readers.

The Poison Profession
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20

Ever_Reading
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 9
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading: Hunting for silence
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ever-reading.html
Latest Review: The Adventures Of Spongeball Billy by Tom Pavia (Creator)
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ever_Reading » 06 Nov 2019, 09:45

What a lovely review this was. If you needed an entire day to compose yourself, then this book has got to be something else. :mrgreen: I'll have to skip it because of the erotic scenes but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!
Here’s to books, the cheapest vacation you can buy.
— Charlaine Harris :techie-studyingbrown:

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 95
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus » 09 Nov 2019, 05:08

Thanks for your insightful review on this book which follows the CEO of the famous security company, which is actually a cover up for an anonymous assassination company named Crail. Hope the story was quite entertaining.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng » 09 Nov 2019, 08:02

Ever_Reading wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 09:45
What a lovely review this was. If you needed an entire day to compose yourself, then this book has got to be something else. :mrgreen: I'll have to skip it because of the erotic scenes but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!
There it was, very emotional for me. It seemed so real, that's why I did what I did. Thank you for stopping by.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20

Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng » 09 Nov 2019, 08:04

sanjus wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 05:08
Thanks for your insightful review on this book which follows the CEO of the famous security company, which is actually a cover up for an anonymous assassination company named Crail. Hope the story was quite entertaining.
It was entertaining really. The author really took his time or must have done a lot of research. Thank you for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”