Review by Don Pwai -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Review by Don Pwai -- The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Don Pwai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The MECE Muse" by Christie Lindor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A successful business requires personnel who are adaptive to the changes in the market and society at large. A successful entrepreneur must always be a step ahead of his contemporaries. This book The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor is a book about consultancy as a business venture. The author offers insight into consulting by providing useful information and practical knowledge including unwritten rules, habits and career strategies about consulting. Christie Lindor asserts that successful consultants must understand the basics of consulting, what excellence looks like in consulting, maintain proper client relationships, build their own brands and be adaptive in order to remain relevant and competitive in the market.

I loved the inspirational tone and positivity in this book. The book is just inspirational. From the onset the author uses a positive tone in writing her work. She encourages readers not to give up when the going gets tough. She sees as failure as positives in her life. For instance, I was awed when she mentioned that were it not for her failures, she would not possibly have written this book and be able to inspire readers who will read her book. She thus encourages readers to remain positive and see challenges as opportunities to learn and a stepping stones for newer adventures. The book encourages readers not to give up and pursue success relentlessly. That was excellent.

Secondly, I loved the styles used in writing this book. The author uses styles like humor, rhetorical questions and flashbacks. These styles enhanced the taste of the novel. For instance, the use of rhetorical questions enhanced the taste of novel of this caliber. Rhetorical questions provoke the readers to think deeply about the author’s ideas and insights in the novel. Moreover, the author after discussing about various types of consultant provokes the readers to choose the type of consultants whom they want to become. That was excellent. It helps readers who want to venture into consultancy to make better choices. The humor broke the monotony of the long narrations.

Lastly, I loved the author’s usage of her personal experiences in writing this novel. She uses her personal experiences to enable readers know what consultancy entails and to learn from her mistakes with a view to avoid repeating similar mistakes. This shows an author who is sensitive and concerned about her would be readers. Her experiences offer a lot to be desired in consultancy. There are a lot of lessons to be learnt from her experiences.

I award this book 4 out of 4 stars 4. It is inspirational, has a compelling content and engaging. Moreover, it is exceptionally well edited. I had no reason whatsoever to deduct a star. I enjoyed reading it. I recommend it to all persons who are in the consultancy business and persons who seek to venture in consultancy. It has a wealth of information, skills and attributes needed to succeed in consultancy business. However, persons with no interest in business inspirational novels may look for other novels.

The MECE Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”