Review by Rosemary Okoko -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 91
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 233
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Review by Rosemary Okoko -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Rosemary Okoko » 18 Sep 2019, 06:45

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters is a fiction book written by Michelle Cummings. Five random women with different character traits and background become very close friends and develop an interest in fly fishing. They use different types of fake flies to catch fish. This interest in fly fishing becomes a sport where one catches fish and releases it. Rose, the team leader, organizes visits to her cottage by the river where these women spend a couple of days away from their ordinary lives, fishing to reduce stress buildup. Learning fly fishing is difficult and one must master the art of fly fishing to successfully catch fish. The joy that comes along with catching fish is a stress reliever for these anglers. One day while fishing, this sport took an interesting turn when instead of catching fish, they pulled out a naked woman from the river. This shocked them to the core and their lives had to be adjusted.

This book has 429 pages. Every section of this book starts with a quotation from a fly fishing book. What I liked most about this book is the way fly fishing is relatable to our lives. The techniques of fly fishing can be applied in our approach to life. Rose teaches us that we learn the most about ourselves during our most difficult times and not the easy times.

While reading this book, what I did not like most was that at the beginning of learning fly fishing, these anglers did not realize that there were life lessons to be learned in fly fishing till Rose pointed them out.

The characters in this book are well fleshed. The protagonists are relatable and likeable. There are no gaps in the plot. The story line is enjoyable and I did not find any errors in the whole book. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars and would have given it more if there was a higher rating. I cannot rate it lower because the story flowed and was easy to understand.

This book has made me develop an interest in fly fishing, a sport I had never imagined I would be interested in. This book gives an insight to life coaching. I recommend this book to those who are life coaches and also those who would like to learn life coaching techniques. I would also recommend it to those who would like to know more about fly fishing as a sport and how it reduces stress in our lives. The book, having no errors, makes an easy read for those who want a quick read.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”