Review by ernest mwangemi -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ernest mwangemi
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 126
Favorite Author: Greg Kater
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernest-mwangemi.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 119157

Review by ernest mwangemi -- The Spirit of Want

Post by ernest mwangemi » 14 Sep 2019, 19:40

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a world full of love, betrayal, loyalty and religious activities. This is the world created by William H. Coles in The Spirit of Want.

A.J. Invites his colleague Luke to attend a party at his place. Before the end of the party, Luke is introduced to A.J’s two daughters Lucy and Elizabeth through the wife to A.J.(Agnes). Some weeks later Lucy and Luke get married without informing her parents.

I loved the way the plot was created with every character strongly developed especially lucy. She is beautiful and clever than Elizabeth but still, she felt unwanted in the family. She struggles to find a balance in her life. Trying to balance between her career and raising her daughter Jennifer.

Things took a drift turn in Luke's life after Lucy is selected to defend an evangelist accused of sexual relations with an underage girl. Because of career commitments, Luke and Lucy rarely have time for each other and their daughter Jennifer is being raised by a nanny. Will this kind of marriage survive? Was the marriage based on true love? What will happen to Jennifer?

It's hard to believe that not all relationships base on true love. It's also hard to believe that not all friendship is real. This is evident when A.J is facing charges over an alleged surgery procedure that blinded the patient. A committee within the hospital is formed to investigate the allegations. A.J dismissed a practitioner who knew everything concerning the operation in order to hide evidence. With all the evidence provided a proving A.J guilty of malpractice, what will happen to him? Will he be jailed?.

William H. Coles has never disappointed in his work. His ability to create a story full of drama and twists without forgetting the unpredictability of the sequence and characterization. The Spirit of Want is that book that fully captures your attention from the beginning to the end. It fills your mind with many questions and eagerness to know what happens next, this will keep you opening the pages up to the last page.

I really liked reading the book but what I liked the most in the book was the unpredictable nature of events. It was hard to guess what happens next hence I just had to read in order to find out. It was well edited although it had some mistakes including blank pages after almost every chapter but did not have any impact while reading. I rate this book 4 stars out of 4 and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys love and betrayal at the same time. It's very entertaining and educative.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”