Review by AA1495 -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Review by AA1495 -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of...

Post by AA1495 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)" by Stella Knights.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Savannah was stuck. She was working in an unrewarding environment and her relationship with her husband was going downhill. Her husband seemed to prioritize his work over her. Further, her mother-in-law did not respect her or give her the privacy that she needed. When she turned to her friend Pam for help, she realized that every relationship has its own share of struggles. Pam stated that it was worth fighting for a relationship if it still had passion. Savannah decided to take more control of her life and created a plan to restore the passion in her marriage. She planned a trip to Thailand and tried to implement numerous strategies to regain her husband’s interest in her.

Savannah is looking for love. She wants to be respected. She wants her husband to prioritize her over his work. She wants her husband to show interest in her. She wants to save her marriage. Will her plan and strategies work? Will her relationship with her mother-in-law change? Will she surrender to the life that she currently leads or will she take more control of her life?

Lost and Love: Thailand by Stella Knights is unlike any other romance book that I have read. Firstly, I felt like I was reading a romance book in reverse. While the protagonists in most books start as strangers and fall in love, the protagonists in this book were married and seemed to fall out of love. Secondly, without giving away any spoilers, I can say that the book described many concepts are usually frowned upon. Savannah’s plans to save her marriage and Pam’s descriptions of her own experiences include many events and ideas that might seem questionable to some. Nonetheless, the book simply narrated a story and did not promote any of these ideas.

As a fan of the romance genre, I began reading this book with very high expectations. To be honest, the first half of the book disappointed me. I thought that the plot was moving at a very slow pace. Further, I was frustrated with Savannah’s character in a few instances. I wanted her to stand up for herself and prove a point. However, the plot picked pace in the second half. Further, with a few plot twists, the book became extremely gripping. Once again, I was disappointed with the ending of the book. It was abrupt and unrealistic. However, having read the book, I was glad to have chosen it.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was not a typical romance book and the second half of it was very interesting. I managed to read the book within a few days and I felt that it was worth every minute that I spent reading it. While there were a few grammatical errors, they did not affect my reading experience. However, the issues that I had with the first half of the book prevent me from giving a perfect rating. While the book contains detailed descriptions of sexual encounters, these paragraphs can be skipped without affecting the overall understanding of the plot. I would recommend this book to adults who are fans of the romance genre and are looking for a quick but unique read.

Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I reviewed this one also, though I did have a different rating than you. From reading your review, I can definitely agree with some of your points. :)
Savannah was a frustrating character at times, and it irritated me that she wouldn't speak up for herself more. However, I'm super vocal about my emotions so I'm quite different than her.
Thanks for sharing! :)
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I have also reviewed this book and definitely agree with you. It was a great read except for that frustrating ending. Thanks for the lovely review though!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”