Review by C-obi -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review by C-obi -- The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by C-obi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Surgeon's wife by William .H. Coles, tells the story of a young surgeon named Mike Boudreaux. Mike was taught and mentored in the medical profession by Clayton Otherson. However, years later saw the promotion of Mike as the chief surgeon and chairman of the OR team, at the hospital where both he and Clayton worked. Clayton for reasons best known to him had begun to dwindle in his medical practices especially surgeries, leaving an aftermath of sensitive errors that Mike helped resolve on more than one occasion. Clayton's mistakes are been noticed by other medical residents and soon, petitions against him arise. Mike finds himself entangled in the fight to defend his teacher and mentor whilst trying to make proper amendments that would ensure that lives are saved rather than lost. The entire charade creates an unexpected turn of events. Mike in the process of trying to get Clayton to retrace his steps gets to meet with Clayton's wife, Catherine. Mike falls in love with his mentor's wife and this further churns up more unexpected events.

The story was well-written. The characters were well-developed and properly linked. I had no difficulty understanding who was whom in the story. The concept behind the story was realistic. Here you find Catherine, a surgeon's wife who found herself in a marriage where she was used as a bait for financial favors, falling genuinely in love with the man she least expected. It raises very important questions to parents on the need to respect the decisions of their wards as long as they have attained the age that defines adulthood. The story was written in a pattern that made it difficult for the reader to predict what would happen next. I give that as a credit to William. H. Coles.

The book was well-edited, and I found no errors. I loved the way the story flowed from one page to the next. I also loved the way the characters were linked and how realistic the situations presented were. What I disliked about the book was the frequent use of vulgar words.

I am rating the book four out of four stars. Words can't completely describe how impressed I am with this story. I just wish there was some kind of replacement to some words used.

I am recommending the book to those in troubled marriages, as well as parents. Avid readers in the medical profession would also find this story as an interesting writeup to pick vital lessons from.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”