Review by Helene_2008 -- Music to My Ears (Pre-Release B...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Review by Helene_2008 -- Music to My Ears (Pre-Release B...

Post by Helene_2008 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Music to My Ears (Pre-Release Beta Edition)" by Heidi M. Simone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A fellow book reviewer, Heidi M. Simone, bring us her first novel in the Siren series, Music to My Ears. The main character Sophia is a talented flautist and singer. Music has always played a big part in her life and she wants to continue that with a chance to audition as a flautist and songwriter for an upcoming movie in New York City. Before she leaves she wants to have one last visit with a friend, Jeremy. Jeremy has been in Rhode Island Hospital for the past four years due to an incident that happened on a nearby beach. Sophia was also there that day, and feels she might somehow be responsible for the incident. She's not sure how, but she knows something is different about her.

Sophia moves to New York and prepares to audition for the movie. While staying in city, Sophie meets a charming, young man named Dante who is also working on the movie. Sophia and Dante spend lots of time together using their musical talents. Through Sophia's expression of music, Dante is able to tell there is something different about her. Dante is able to help Sophia understand how and why she is different. But that's only because he knows people who don't like Sophia's kind. Despite their developing romantic relationship, they are putting themselves in danger of the wrong people finding out about Sophia.

I really enjoyed the unique story line of this book. It was creative and kept me engaged throughout the novel. The author was able to keep my attention with suspense and action-packed scenes. When I first started reading the book, I thought I already knew what the main character was. Therefore I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be something completely different. The book seemed professionally edited because I found no errors. There really wasn't anything that I disliked about the book. Therefore I give Music to My Ears a 4 out of 4 rating.

When I was reading this book, I felt it was best suited for young adult readers. It is appropriate for most audiences because it had no bad language and little sexual content. I think the book would be enjoyed most by those who like to read romance and fantasy.

I highly recommend reading about the author at the end of the novel as well. Despite having trouble with reading and writing at a young age, Simone overcomes these barriers. She is writing book reviews, blogs, and now even books of her own. It is truly an inspiring story. It's great to see she is successfully transitioning from book reviewer to author.

Music to My Ears (Pre-Release Beta Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

I kind of love it when a new book becomes available for review, and I get to read a number of reviews of it. I learn something new in every review, and it really helps shape my view of the book and lets me decide if I want to read it or not. I think I do want to read this book, and very likely recommend it to my daughter, as well.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

It's nice that you got a surprise about who the main character was. I love books that can keep the reader intrigued throughout the book. This book might be such gem.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I think the title of the book is quite melodious! I'm not a romance fan, but it's hard for me to see a life without music. Simone's book sounds like it harmonizes love with one of the man's greatest creation, music. It will be a pleasure to meet Sophia. Lovely review! Thank you!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I like that Sophia has a chance to do what she likes best, that is, pursue music. It’s my passion as well so it’s a book I would enjoy reading. Thanks for an enjoyable review.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This seems like a really great story! I look forward to reading it, thanks for the recommendation :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Wow! Great to hear that a fellow review becomes an author. Must be great book.
Thanks a lot for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”