Review by Elia2006 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elia2006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elia2006.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Review by Elia2006 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Elia2006 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery is a book written as the writer’s personnel-life experiment. He treated any big event in his life as a burn zone. Burn zone is a concept used in body workouts where the body performs at the maximum at the peak of each burn zone interval. After completing this zone, the exercise endurance levels down and the body starts to relax. Why Jorge used this expression? Because he was a cycler competitor. He used to compete in cycling tournament reaching a professional level. His first zone was when he was a kid; he started to earn his first dollar from a newspaper-distributing job. He left school to start his own business as a music recording. Then, he entered the real estate business in a small company. Owned his company, he started the real business. In each phase of his life, he passed many burn zones. The last one was the hugest; he battled against the nature and political factors.

I recommend everyone to read Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery. It is a personnel biography for a successful, struggling and a self-made person. The book summarizes the lessons learnt from the author’s life.

I mostly liked the honesty and decent way the author talked about himself and his family. Although Jorge did not finish his school studies, he shows a good level of self-managed and discipline, these tow characteristics belong to good leaders. There are many lessons can be learnt from Jorge’s life and his burn zone theory. Everyone has his own burn zones and he must deal with them. Jorge explained how to do it. Be patient, committed, trained and passionate about your dream are some of the lessons to be learnt to pass any burn zone. I would add that I liked the writer relationship with his family. It was full of love and caring and respect.

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery was well edited; the writer used a simple clear language, easy for everyone to digest. Using some photos added some value to the book. I preferred to see the writer adds his advises and recommendation for the readers at the end of the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars . I myself learned a much from it. I learned how to face my burn zone, to be motivated and self-made. I learned that when I encounter any hard time, this is the burn zone; I need to perform at the maximum and endure it. It is a challenge I want to beat it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”