Review by Sam_Ibeh -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review by Sam_Ibeh -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered: The Business Owner's Guide to Leadership & Success by Dominica Lumazar is a comprehensive guide to running a successful business. Dominica Lumazar brought her wealth of knowledge and experience into this book. Every chapter contained information that would help readers succeed in life and business.

In this three-part book, Dominica exposes business secrets that had worked for her. Some of them were as a result of her experiences. She narrated how circumstances in her life contributed to molding her. Worthy of mention is her educational background. She recounted how she struggled with being a “special needs” child. She was always left out of important academic events because of her presumed incapability.

Another important event was the accident she had at 18. It was a turning point in her life. She lost her memory for a time. As a result, she couldn’t complete her college education. She resolved to not let circumstances dictate her outcome. So, she sought other alternatives. Everything that made Dominica successful in life was what Empowered: The Business Owner's Guide to Leadership & Success conveyed.

The first thing that caught my attention was the personal touch this book had. For a business guide, it connected better than many other business books I’ve read. Dominica Lumazar brought herself into this one. I could relate to every step she mentioned and how she had applied them to achieve success. She didn’t dish out everyday principles that anyone could stumble upon. She was practical in her approach.

The next thing I observed was the simplicity of the book. She did a great job arranging the book in a way that made it easy to read. She grouped the chapters into three parts. This helped me follow a particular line of thought at a time. Between chapters, there were subheads that ensured I wasn’t bored why reading.

The only thing that turned me off was the poor editing of the book. There were avoidable grammatical errors and poor sentence structure. There was an instance where she used two variations of the same word, like “doughnut” and “donut”. Some sentences were too difficult to understand, I had to read them over and over again. The book needed professional editing.

As a result of the poor editing of this book, I rate it 3 out of 4. Despite the flaws, I enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend this book to entrepreneurs and business owners. The secrets Dominica shared in this book will be of immense benefit to them.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

I like that the author added a personal touch to the book and not just a trailer load of business jargon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”