Review by Mamatyler -- Last Words from Above

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mamatyler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamatyler.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Mamatyler -- Last Words from Above

Post by Mamatyler »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Last Words from Above" by Jeremy Brown.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jeremy Brown's Last Words from Above (Medicine for the Spirit) is a true-life Christian book of motivating and rousing quotes. It is a set of 2000 thought-provoking and encouraging life ideas. They are all numbered for easy reference. Jeremy Brown encourages his readers to locate those they can relate to, write them down, commit to memory and make use of them as a milieu of their life.

Last Words from above commenced with a comprehensive foreword, where Jeremy Brown narrates what inspired his writing journey. The foreword also elucidates the purpose of sharing all the ideas in his sayings. I am of the opinion that this gave the readers a clear path. The author displays a level of discipline. The fruits of his labor are the several books he has published.

This style of writing is very influential. The quotes I could relate to, I read them twice. Meditation and journaling became the author’s daily life routine. This routine is where the wisdom for the quotes was found. My favorite aspect of the book is the listing of the quotes. It made it easy to make references. I appreciated the wisdom of each quote. I kept re-reading my favorite ones. The quotes were exceptional and touched on many themes. Together they were all thought-provoking. Each individual quote will display its importance to each separate reader. Most of them were relevant. I am confident that other readers will also pick out a number of quotes that will be personally meaningful.

The least favorite part of the book was the many grammatical errors in the book. The errors were of every kind all through the book, more often than not in the form of subject-verb agreement errors, sentence fragments, wrong word usage, and superfluous commas. Any reader can plainly note that this book was not professionally edited. The notions and philosophies found in Last Words from Above are thought-provoking. Unfortunately, the numerous blunders will agitate many readers. They indicated that it wasn’t professionally edited. There were also a few repetitions. This book will perceptibly attract Christian readers. I think that it holds a lot of grand ideologies that will be of benefit to everyone.

Needles to say, I recommend this book to everyone who desires to acquire wisdom for living a better life. Also for those with an open mind and a teachable spirit. Taken as a whole, I had a blast reading the book. If not for the grammar errors I would have rated Last Words from Above, a whole four-star review. At the moment I can only give a 3 out of 4 stars rating.

Last Words from Above
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”