Review by TopaAzul062 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Review by TopaAzul062 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by TopaAzul062 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's not often I encounter books that I can jump back into after an elongated pause in reading but this one certainly falls into that category. Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery tells the story of an individual who wanted to do more in life than just following the standard status quo. Newbery started working at a young age and experimented with different ventures throughout his growing up.

We were taken on a journey through the years to experience every trial and error moment the author himself went through along with how he overcame challenges he dubbed as 'burn zones'. He approached everything with an opened mind and lots of optimism even when he was lacking knowledge at that point in time. What wasn't known was learned through tutelage and research. Always eager to learn and do something new, Newbery took on a variety of challenges that ranged from professional sports to small, as well as large, scale business ventures.

Things were looking up for Newbery but he took on one challenge too many when he invested in a large problem property in Ohio. With the help of selfless residents, the property was turned around but a devastating ice storm hurled him and the residents into a nightmarish void. Tried as he might, there was just no way to bring things back from the brink for that situation.

What I liked most about this book is how the author shared all of the trouble he went through to try and right things and when opposing forces came to rain on his parade he kept moving forward. Reading his story reminded me of #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso as both experienced their share of trying times but found ways to get by without losing their sanity. Even more so, both found their niche and managed to create their very own business even when the naysayers did everything they could to bring them down.

Reading this book helped me to better understand Newbery's other work titled Debt Cleanse as it explains the real estate investment situation in more detail. Burn Zones, for me, gets a 4 out of 4 for being an engaging read while also being easy to read. This book is ideal for those looking for a pick me up as the author encourages readers to keep pressing ahead to achieve their goals even when things go south in a hurry.

If not as a pick me up, then it could be utilized as a source of inspiration. I can't think of any who wouldn't enjoy this book; however, if you were critical of his debt help book then you may wish to avoid this one. Overall, a truly refreshing read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”