Review by B Creech -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B Creech
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation by Val D. Greenwood

Review by B Creech -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One ...

Post by B Creech » 19 Jul 2019, 05:49

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)" by Stella Knights.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights is the story of Savannah and Johnny, former college sweethearts who have been married for several years and, like so many couples, have reached a stalemate in their marriage.

Savannah feels like her marriage to Johnny has become routine and prosaic. When had it all changed? Their relationship used to be so passionate, but now it all seemed so dull and routine. She wanted to revive somehow the romance and passion she and Johnny had in the beginning and get out of their current methodical routine. Having always dreamed of traveling, Savannah convinces Johnny to go on an overseas trip to Thailand. She hopes to get his focus away from his job and back on their marriage and, hopefully, reignite the passion they once had. While in Thailand, Savannah attempts to get Johnny's attention by trying to be his 'fantasy.' Her ideas to entice him are not working well, so she finally asks Johnny what his 'true' fantasy is. Savannah is shocked when he tells her and she doesn't know if she is brave enough to try it; however, she wants to get their passion back. Together they develop a game to fulfill his fantasy; a game that goes too far and has devastating consequences in the end.

The author did an excellent job of creating the characters in the book. Her description gives the reader a clear picture of their personalities. Other vital characters to the story are Pam, Savannah's best friend from work, and Zander, a deep-sea diver and instructor the couple met in Thailand. The book has an underlying lesson for couples dissatisfied in their relationship if they can read between the lines of the strong language and the explicit sexual content. The narrative gives graphic details of the intimacy between Savannah and Johnny and the erotic sex scenes are repeated several times throughout the book. Nothing is left to the reader's imagination. The book also contains strong profanity. For readers who are not sensitive to those things, the book might be a great read. However, for those like myself, who prefer a more gentle and romantic love story, it may be difficult to enjoy reading this book.

I liked the author's overall writing style, and the characters were well-defined and relatable. The story-line itself was excellent but would have been more engaging without the strong language and graphic content, which is what I disliked most about the book.

There were several typographical errors involving incorrect words, misspelled words, and duplication of words. For example: "... the only difference being that that...," should have only one "that;" and "...the front door shut..." should be "shuts." I did not notice any punctuation or grammatical errors. I assume the book was edited in some fashion; however, I cannot say professionally due to the number of somewhat distracting typos. Therefore I give Lost and Love: Thailand by Stella Knights a 3 out of 4 stars. I hope the author will consider toning down the language and the erotic scenes in the next three books of the Lost and Love Series. I would love to follow the rest of Savannah's story.

I would consider Lost and Love: Thailand an adult-only read. I definitely would not recommend this book to anyone under the age of 21 and would caution those 21 or older regarding the content. Those who are not bothered by strong language and explicit sexual material may enjoy the book.

Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
B. Creech

eastandalchemy
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy » 24 Jul 2019, 07:29

I was so engaged in the book that I didn't even notice the typos! Like you, I hope to follow Savannah along her journey of self-discovery in the next 3 books. She's a heroine I want to root for!

B Creech
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation by Val D. Greenwood

Post by B Creech » 25 Jul 2019, 09:27

eastandalchemy wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 07:29
I was so engaged in the book that I didn't even notice the typos! Like you, I hope to follow Savannah along her journey of self-discovery in the next 3 books. She's a heroine I want to root for!
She sure had a terrible husband! I'm looking forward to the next book. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”