Review by Maelo1 -- The Warramunga's Aftermath of War

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maelo1
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maelo1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Review by Maelo1 -- The Warramunga's Aftermath of War

Post by Maelo1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's Aftermath of War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Warramunga’s Aftermath of War is an international mystery and crime thriller genre novel penned by Greg Kater. This is the second sequel after the first tale The Warramunga’s War. You can catch up here if you haven’t read it.viewtopic.php?f=114&t=108054

Jamie and Jacko are currently heading the Darwin office of the Commonwealth Investigation Service(CIS). They are assigned the jobs after successfully dismantling the German soldier criminal gangs that terrorized the horn of Africa. The spotlight still focuses on the two friends; Jamie Munro and Jack ‘O’ Brien. This story takes a new turn of events as they once again track down agents of evil conspiring against humanity.

Jamie and Jacko intercept a distress call from a ‘fishing’ vessel out at sea. On responding, they encounter a deceased child floating on water. Further inspection of the vessel results in the discovery of an Asian child under the ship’s bow. This marks the discovery and tracking down of a child trafficking syndicate. It is a well-coordinated criminal organization with tentacles in Australia, the United States and the South Eastern parts of Asia. Will Jamie and Jacko bring the pedophile ring of criminals to book this time?

I like so many aspects of this adventurous thriller. To begin with, Greg Kater interestingly utilizes tracking skills exhibited by Jacko; a half Warramunga to create an intriguing plot and storyline. He also borrows and more considerably develops characters like Sarah from The Warramunga’s War. She likewise shines in this captivating story. Thirdly, in his narration, he exhibits absolute command of the setting and culture of the Philippines content while treading carefully on the sensitive child trafficking subject. He also showcases the chronological order of events leading to orphaned children that later fall prey to child traffickers. This results in an educative read. Moreover, I like the theme of romance between Jamie Munro and his fiancée Carna. This offers a break to the reader in the breath-taking chase of the criminals. Lastly, the most beautiful aspect of this novel is it is independent and can stand on its own despite being the second book in the sequel.

This story is expertly edited. I merely came across a few typo grammatical errors that I did not find to be a hindrance while reading. Overly, there is nothing that I did not like hence I enjoyed reading to the concluding chapter.

I rate The Warramunga’s Aftermath of War 4 out of 4 stars. This precise, adventurous tale greatly explores a better insight of the post-world war II events. The Warramunga's Aftermath of War is a shocking and mysterious story with many twists and turns that you will enjoy reading. This is the reason I will not rate it any lower. I highly recommend this tale to avid readers of action-packed crime thriller tales and most specificall the young adults.

The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest.
:roll: Rob White :roll:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”