Review by Kyoks -- The Lost Identity Casualties

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by Kyoks -- The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Kyoks » 01 Jul 2019, 08:35

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar.
"The Lost Identity Casualties" is a very captivitating novel with a fresh, unique and incredible storyline. The beginning of the plot draws the reader's attention into an intriguing depth to relate the two personal different characters that are potrayed in one person. The action inflicted in the story makes every sentence count from chapter to chapter. The story is a patchline of interesting and fascinating scenarios that will excite the reader.

The book introduces Mathias Callaghan, who is rushed to a clinic in Switzerland, where doctors equip him with hands and face transplant. He wakes up in a hospital bed, wrapped in bandages and seems like he does not remember anything that had happened to him. However as he gradually recovers, Callaghan discovers that he is a subject of a full face transplant with a mistaken identity from a corpse of a man out of his wife's past. After being released from the hospital, he spends months with depression, in struggle to figure out what had happened to him.
He then using his intelligence, decides to use his new face to plot his revenge to all the people that had done this to him. The loss of his identity and his former normal life triggered this revenge. Will he be able to fulfill his wish?

Later he eventually gets to know that these people including the Russian Mafia, a lawyer called Rathbone, his former partner Allan, his father also called Mathias and wife Julia as well that he had divorced lately and others in this plot. Rather than a potion, this is his new persona. With his dry emotionless voice from the beginning, Callaghan is methodical, he keeps saying this all the time.

Also with his sense of criminality in his past life and a systematic approach, help him to construct elaborative cons for his plans to get through. "I wanted to see those who destroyed my life suffer like I had." He says. Even if he had to loss his humanity, Callaghan was ready to execute his plan.

There is not a thing to dislike in this book and I definitely loved the book because the author plays the storyline incredibly relating the past with the present chapters and events in a well written action. A few symbolic ideas like genetic mutation spice up things for you readers to connect with the characters in the story. I, therefore rate this book 4 out of 4 because of it's fascinating and wonderful plot. Readers who love mystery tales will absolutely love this book and get lost in the sentences of the chapters to satistify their imagination.

The Lost Identity Casualties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”