Review by Sleepy puddle -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sleepy puddle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sleepy-puddle.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Sleepy puddle -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else...

Post by Sleepy puddle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is the third book in the We are Voulhire series.

The story starts with Meldorath's point of view about how the Emperor of Lullabies contacted him and they were connected. We learn more about he has always been overly ambitious,as expected in the end his ambition wins through and he now does everything he can to get it. King Wilhelm was a great king who does everything he can to provide for justice and a better life for his people; despite the threats towards him and everything.

What I liked the most about this book is that it didn't solely depend on just only one main character. It didn't need only one person to save the entire world and that everyone's contribution mattered. Plus even if you are on the good side the bad side can be much more powerful. It didn't show that the good side will always have to have some sort of upper hand always.

Something which i particularly liked about this book is that we saw more of Meldorath's point of view. I loved the character developments of the three main characters, how they grew closer and their ability to work together.

I honestly thought that the entire book was building up to a certain point and the ending was really unexpected and a little unsatisfying for my as well as confusing. There were many things I was confused about for example the arrival of Kayden which i would have liked that if he had more of his point of views shown through the book. As someone who has read all three books Kayden is fairly a really interesting character and having more of his views shown or what he went through at that period of time would have been really more interesting for me. I

I expected the entire book to have really more grand ending or that it lacked a little something more but this also gives us the unsatisfied feeling which can be fulfilled by a fourth book which I hope there is. I enjoyed it a lot and the plot didn't digress much and got straight to the point which was really great. I enjoyed overall everything about this book. I am rating this book 4 out of 4. There wasn't anything to dislike about this book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves dark fantasy and short story series. Plus everyone should keep an open mind while reading this entire book as it contains swear words.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”