Review by shaz1994 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Review by shaz1994 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by shaz1994 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley is a kids book with very attractive pictures that will keep the reader engaged throughout the story. This is a story about a group of three potatoes and a banana who like to sing together at night.

This is a very fascinating story from the first page, the banana is determined to prove that he is not a potato but will the potatoes listen? During the day, the friends like to sit in a bowl but when the potatoes hold their hands, then the fun begins and the group of friends start singing beautiful songs. Len Foley truly understands kids' mindset, he uses pictures to tell the story which is quite funny and educative. All the characters are very interesting and and I couldn't help but fall in love with every one of them.

I mostly admired the banana as a focused character who wouldn't give up. He also wasn't easily swayed by the wave of the potatoes he manages to stand his ground which I found to be a good lesson for children. In as much as this was a children's book, the message in the story is suitable for all ages. The songs had beautiful rhyme schemes that made the story quite fun to read especially with children around. Four Funny Potatoes is a story that one can read over and over without getting tired, I found it to be calming and entertaining at the same time.

The language is definitely meant for the young ones, there were no complex terminologies. Len Foley did a great job in balancing the words and pictorials in the book, considering that it is mainly for kids. I found no errors while reading the book.

I rate Four Funny potatoes by Len Foley 4 out of 4 stars for an exciting story full of witty yet funny characters that anyone can relate to. This book is fun for both kids as well as adults.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”