Review by Shauni Frye -- Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shauni Frye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shauni-frye.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Review by Shauni Frye -- Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Post by Shauni Frye »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lara's Journal" by A. Gavazzoni.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni is the second book in the author's Hidden Motives Series. I would recommend to read the first book, Behind the Door for some context clues. Gavazzoni continues the story of Simone in Lara's Journal. Simone, a psychologist who specializes in the study of sexual behavior, is introduced as having nightmares recounting her traumatic experiences in book one. She's on hiatus trying to find healing and recovery, but instead she is immersed in to a thrilling world.

Carl, a former client of Simone's, Has found a journal of a women after an untimely death. He reaches out to Simone for help in processing the secrets unfolded in this private journal. Simone is hooked immediately when reading the unusual sexual behavior of Lara. As Simone begins to find hope in healing and feeling normal a string of murders occur and the common denominator is her.

As Simone is encased in her traumatic past once more she is now face to face with figuring out who this killer is. The clock ticks down as she must figure out to save the ones that she loves. On top of everything she now has an admirer who shows up at the most inconvenient times, her friend, Edward, has a new girlfriend, and she is forced to come to terms with her feelings for her lawyer-friend and former client, Carl.

Lara's Journal is an amazing storyline built very well from Behind the Door. The romance is steamy yet tasteful, the thriller will keep you guessing until the end. The characters are well read and progress smoothly throughout the book. Simone is an instant favorite and her development is beautiful and noticeable throughout the book as well as the series. I was so sad to see the story end as Gavazzoni kept me wanting more!

As a whole, the prologue was a little slow, but the moment I stepped foot into chapter one the entire feel of the story changed. I absolutely fell in love with Simone and the storyline kept me hooked all the way to the end. If you need a good, tastefully written, and steamy romance- as well as a thriller that will keep you guessing until the end- I 100% recommend this book with 4 out of 4 stars.

Lara's Journal
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

On the basis of your recommendation, I will defiantly read this book. Excellent analysis.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”