Review by imSunshine -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
imSunshine
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review by imSunshine -- The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by imSunshine » 21 Jun 2019, 03:03

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Warramunga belongs to a group of Indigenous Australians of the north. A few people know about them including myself until Greg Kater told me about them and so much more.

In Warramunga’s War, author Greg Kater combined historical facts with action and drama about war. Young Australian army, Jamie Munro found an incredible friendship with local Warramunga named Jack ‘Jacko’ O’ Brien during the tough times of World War II. The young soldier was rescued by Jacko until he completely got back his senses. In Cairo, they lead and drew the color of friendship with blood and sealed it with trust. Together, they fought against the Nazi Vichy French in Syria and Lebanon. And, right after the end of the Syrian Campaign, they were promoted and transferred to Egypt to be part of the army's intelligence. With self-trust and bravery, the soldier and the locale gave out their best to complete their mission.

I liked the author’s witty style. He offered good taste to his audience combining action filled plot with other emotional attachments necessary to the characters. Also, I felt good while reading the book because it has no errors. And, I loved the professional way of the book. The cover captivated me to pick the book and the content took my entire soul. Because of this, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

To be honest, I am not usually into history because I do not find it so fascinating. However, I could not deny that history is our best teacher and it molded us to get where we are right now. There are people who are fond of it, but I am not one of them. Yet, this book made me think twice. While I was reading, the author took me back into a period where I wish I was born to witness all the amazing as well as the dangers of it. Perhaps, it could make me understand the importance of peace and life more than ever.

Albeit, I am not an avid fan of the genre, I did not find anything to dislike about the book. I am very satisfied with the material.

If you are the type of reader who is after for an engagingly fast-past and tricky plot, you better pick this book. You can easily understand the contents because all the topic or setting were discussed broadly. In addition, the exciting mix up of various characters will surely give life to your reading experience.

The Warramunga's War
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Wyland » 23 Jun 2019, 02:09

I like your summary of this book. You have provided a good introduction to the book title. Thanks for your wonderful review.

Aniza Butt
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Zoe, Let Go by Theresa A. Calcaterra-Raimondi

Post by Aniza Butt » 24 Jun 2019, 13:16

I don't like this genre and thought to pass this one but after reading your review am giving it second thoughts. Hope it turns out to be a good experience.
Thanks a lot for the review.
"A Day May Come When The Courage of Men Fails.....
But It is Not This Day..This Day We FIGHT!!!"
~Aragorn~

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”