Review by Jaime Lync -- The End-Time Foretellers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jaime Lync
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Review by Jaime Lync -- The End-Time Foretellers

Post by Jaime Lync » 16 Jun 2019, 16:06

[Following is a volunteer review of "The End-Time Foretellers" by Ran Weber.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2Peter 3: 10 (ESV)
“But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.”

Jesus himself warns us that no one knows the day nor the hour of his return and the end of this world as we know it. Still, there are many false prophets who claim that they are privy to information that the Holy Bible teaches us is only known to God, the Father. The End-Time Foretellers is an online apocalyptic group that is not just predicting the end of the world but suspected to be plotting to violently usher in the new world order. A lot of things about the group are a mystery but they are an apparent threat to Israel. Yoav Sharff, former Mossad agent and a super hacker is recruited to prevent this group from aiding the Iranians to cast an assault on Israel with an atom bomb.

The End-Time Foretellers: An International Espionage Technothriller by Ran Weber is worthy of its subtitle. The novel opens in Yoav’s hometown, Tel Aviv, Israel but is predominantly set in Los Angeles. Yoav relocates to the States but after plugging into the local Israeli community, he feels right at home. He meets Benjamin, a Jew, at a synagogue and they develop a friendship aided by Yoav becoming Benjamin’s tenant. Also, Yoav participated in a hackers’ challenge in San Diego and was thus able to grab the attention and infiltrate the business of an Israeli arms dealer. Of course, he also inadvertently got himself on the radar of various US intelligence agencies as well as that of the Iranians. The author makes use of a diverse cast of characters to make this a very intriguing read.

I really enjoyed this novel. It was composed of one hundred and thirteen chapters but most of the chapters were less than ten pages long and the longest chapter was less than 20 pages long. It was also professionally edited because I could not identify any grammatical errors. The author was able to make most of the characters come to life. For example, due to the nature of the story, the focus switches from character to character; We learn about the supporting cast from the third-person point of view. However, Yoav, the protagonist, relays his side of the story in the first-person perspective. This allowed me to connect with Yoav on an emotional level. Additionally, many of the conversations throughout the book advance the plot and present the reader with food for thought on matters relating to religious views and fulfilment of one’s life purpose.

In conclusion, I rate The End-Time Foretellers 4 out of 4 stars. I could not find anything to criticize about this book. However, I do believe that some persons may not appreciate that the story switches between different characters so often. I recommend this book to persons interested in an engaging thriller with hints of action and mystery.

The End-Time Foretellers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jaime Lync's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”