Review by imSunshine -- The Lost Identity Casualties

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
imSunshine
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review by imSunshine -- The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by imSunshine » 16 Jun 2019, 06:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Lost Identity Casualties" by Kim Ekemar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Erik Erickson once said, “In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.”

It’s true that without an identity, I, they, or you will be lost in the jungle where human beings seek food, build shelter, and create an identification. The toughest job among everything finding oneself, knowing it, and showing it to the world. So, no matter how difficult or complicated the ways are, all of us including you do not stop until we complete this common goal. It may take months, years, or even a lifetime to some to completely know themselves. As I have mentioned, it’s the toughest job of all. There are no easy pathways to cheat oneself from finding his own identification that is why it is very important that we make sure to build and protect ourselves from any harmful events or people who might want to steal our identities.

Kim Ekemar in The Lost Identity Casualties featured Matthias Callaghan whose life has been taken away and replaced by something else unknown to him. It was horrifying for him to wake up in a hospital bed without remembering a single information about himself and his life. It broke his heart, but what hurt him the most is when he realized that the closest people he had in his heart are the ones responsible for his misery. The day before he was comatose, he was brutally attacked and left to agonize. Now, they made him a nobody, first they took his blood, then they took his face. Callaghan completely lost himself, his soul was lost along with his identity. And in order for him to clarify his confused self, he held himself together to begin an unforgettable revenge.

The action is there, but not presented in a cliché type of plot. There were gore and bloodshed all over the pages. I liked that I was not bored while reading the entire material. Although, there were some other stories that are slightly alike to this one, the story still stood out unique and very interesting. I was always a fan of crime and thriller books, and I could say that this book became one of my favorites. This book was actually a sequel, however in my opinion, this could stand out alone because the plot does not require any information from the previous or the next book in order for the reader to completely understand and attain satisfaction. I didn’t stumble on any error which made my reading time thorough so, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Frankly, I could not think of anything that I dislike about the book because for me, the author made at least research or perhaps, studied the topics he discussed on the story like plastic surgery or full body transplant. He showed mastery of it, or at least a piece of knowledge, so I was amazed and I loved it.

I recommend the book to mature readers who are a fan of fast-paced, action-packed, and puzzling theme. It's a page-turner so, you won’t regret picking it. At the end, you will realize the value of identifying yourself.

The Lost Identity Casualties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like imSunshine's review? Post a comment saying so!

sarahmarlowe
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 62
2018 Reading Goal: 70
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading: Stand Against Injustice
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The Light In The Woods by Cherie Miller
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe » 17 Jun 2019, 12:05

I was always a fan of crime and thriller books, and I could say that this book became one of my favorites.
What a wonderful recommendation! I enjoyed your review! :)
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:

imSunshine
Currently Reading:

Post by imSunshine » 18 Jun 2019, 03:02

Thanks dear 😊

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Chemist: A Psychological Thriller by Stephanie Colbert

Post by Prisallen » 20 Jun 2019, 08:21

Wow! This sounds like an action-packed thriller. I can't say that I blame Kim for wanting revenge. I think I would love this book. Thank you for a great review!

imSunshine
Currently Reading:

Post by imSunshine » 21 Jun 2019, 03:06

Yea, it depends on who reads, honey. Anyway, thanks gor dropping by. I hope you enjoy this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”