Review by unidhi05 -- Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
unidhi05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unidhi05.html
Latest Review: Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Review by unidhi05 -- Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Post by unidhi05 » 12 Jun 2019, 10:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "Voice of the Elders" by Greg Ripley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley is an engrossing book with a deep-rooted message which discusses global warming and the energy crisis issues. A book which throws light on sustainable energy and regenerative technologies to protect the Earth from the climate crisis. Even though the novel is classified under the Sci-fi genre, I feel there is much more to it. It has other elements like drama, mystery, action, and philosophy entwined into a gripping tale.

Rohini Haakonsen is a young woman who has worked all the way up and lives her dream. All the sci-fi drama starts when aliens gate crash the UN conference. The aliens, who call themselves as the Elders, claim to have come from a different planet. They extend a helping hand to the Earth and tackle the climate changes and the issues cropping up from it. The Elders propose a plan to our world leaders - they invite a group of ambassadors to join their planet, understand the regenerative technologies used on their mother planet to reverse the effects of the climate issues and implement them on the Earth. Rohini is one among the chosen earthlings to join the group and is all excited. But the twist in the tale begins when she gets kidnapped. The political drama and action will unfold when she realizes that the greedy business tycoons on Earth are not happy with the Elders' proposal. How will she manage to escape? Will she be able to join the Elders and complete the mission?

​What appealed most in the book is that the hero of the novella is a woman. I like the way Rohini's character is established and portrayed. A young woman of mixed ethnicity, her struggles to achieving her dreams and be a part of a crucial mission sounds more realistic. I'm really impressed by the way Ripley has intelligently written the story without losing the grip on the core concept. At the same time, the author makes us think and re-think about sustainable energy resources. The author has done a lot of research on Daoism and has smoothly blended the spiritual and philosophical walks of life into the sci-fi tale.

What I liked the least in the book is that the story in the last few chapters is being rushed. I think the author just wanted to wrap up the novel. Finally, I would like to say that it is a well-written book woven around an important message and put it before the reader in a more interesting way with all the elements like drama, action, suspense, and sci-fi. I think that this novel could make a great movie! This book connects to all nature lovers and all who express concern about the drastic change in climatic situations - it appeals to all readers irrespective of age.

It is an exceptionally edited book and I give it 4 out of 4 star rating.

Voice of the Elders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like unidhi05's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”