Review by BriennaiJ -- Inspirience: Meditation Unbound

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound by Richard L Haight

Review by BriennaiJ -- Inspirience: Meditation Unbound

Post by BriennaiJ » 08 Jun 2019, 22:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "Inspirience: Meditation Unbound" by Richard L Haight.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inspirience: Meditation Unbound is an audiobook written and narrated by Richard L. Haight. He teaches listeners throughout the novel what they have to do to be able to truly meditate. He tells stories about how he was able to absolutely meditate one time in his life and how he has been working to be able to achieve that again someday. Richard shows how meditation isn’t simply attending a yoga class or two but is truly being able to become one with your surroundings in deeply spiritual meditation.

I was astonished as I listened to him talk about his first experience with meditation, and this was most likely the most impactful part of the entire audiobook. He explains that he was angry about something as a teenager and went to sit at a park to meditate, and everything just changed. He was no longer angry, he could feel the animals near him and he felt like the animals could feel him as well, and he was completely at peace for the first time. To think that someone could reach this level of inner peace is seemingly impossible, but it made sense to me the way he explained it. He was so riled up over whatever it was that just being with nature at that moment completely changed his perspective and allowed him to connect in a way that he has not been able to replicate again. It led him down a path of deep meditation that truly changed his life.

I followed the little meditation tutorials he sprinkled throughout the audiobook and also felt more peaceful after doing them. I listened to this book in between studying for my college finals, and the meditation truly helped me to stay focused and not drift off into procrastination during that busy time of year. This is one of the best self-help meditation novels or audiobooks that I have ever listened to, and I would definitely read or listen to another by Richard Haight.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book was a great listen, but it had a few sound errors. A few times, the volume would decrease for 5-7 minutes and then increase again to a level even louder than before. I had to continue trying to adjust my phone or computer’s volume from chapter to chapter just to listen comfortably, which jolted me out of focusing on the book. Other than this, I saw no tech issues or narration issues with the audiobook. I would recommend this novel to anyone looking for a self-help audiobook about meditation.

Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like BriennaiJ's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”