Review by Radiant3 -- A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Radiant3
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Radiant3 -- A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by Radiant3 » 05 Jun 2019, 18:16

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Trace of Revenge" by Lyle Howard.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Young Matthew Walker is having a restless night. He cannot fall asleep when he sees a light pass by the base of his bedroom door. He wonders if there's a monster in the house or maybe his mind is playing tricks on him. Several years later, Matt is a teenager living with his grandparents. He possesses an unusual ability called psychometry. This gift could help Detective King and Doctor Bilston uncover the details surrounding the gruesome killing of a high-ranking official and also help to solve the mystery about the sinking of a ship and the disappearance of its crew.

Peter Mason is a billionaire with a notorious family history; he wants to build his own ballpark in Jacksonville, Florida. He is unwilling to let anything stand in his way. At the same time, a psychotic mob boss called Nicky “The Knife” Coltello has his own reasons for trying to prevent the park. How it all unravels is told in A Trace of Revenge written by Lyle Howard.

Almost from the start of the story, I felt as if I was taken for a whirlwind of a ride. The action and suspense started almost instantaneously. The plot development was excellent. The author introduced his characters into the story as if they were chess pieces in a game. In each chapter, another seemingly unrelated character or part was added. I really appreciated the way the author was able to seamlessly bring all aspects of the story together in such a skillful manner.

The story flowed in sync with the words and this created a well-paced momentum. The writing style was very engaging and the dialogues were interesting and not too long or tedious.

I did not find anything I disliked about the book. However, it does require another round of editing. It is an enjoyable and well -written book but the editing does not complement the book. There were a number of typos. In the second half of the book, at times when the characters were really discussing The Truman, it was continually referred to as The Intrepid.

Although it’s a relatively lengthy book, it is an engaging story that will maintain the reader’s attention until the very end. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4. I deducted one point due to the editing errors. Readers who like a good crime thriller would really enjoy this novel. Those who prefer a more relaxing novel may not like this book. There was quite a bit of violence in the story, so this would be unsuitable for readers who prefer less violence in their stories.

A Trace of Revenge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Radiant3's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sushan
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 230
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sushan » 19 Jun 2019, 10:46

Crime thrillers with violence always take my attention. Nice review and thanks for sharing your thoughts 👍👍
"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help"

Abraham Lincoln

:techie-studyingbrown: $u$han €kanayak€ :techie-studyingbrown:

Radiant3
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Radiant3 » 20 Jun 2019, 11:53

Sushan wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 10:46
Crime thrillers with violence always take my attention. Nice review and thanks for sharing your thoughts 👍👍
Thank you for the comments and sharing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”