Review by Kister Bless -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Kister Bless -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Kister Bless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks is a non-fiction book written by Dr. Morton who is a retired physician who specialized in internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases. The book has 62 chapters and it's divided into three parts; tips, myths, and tricks.

The first part of the book; tips, is from chapter one to chapter thirty-two. In this chapter, the author gives us vital information on how to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle without losing our money on useless products. The author covers so much on aids to losing weight, their effects, and the outcomes. He also explains why taking breakfast is important among other things. The second part of the book talks about the myths that are ruining people's lives. There are so many myths we have about different products, for instance, the fortified food myth which in most cases the health claims accompanying these products are based on flimsy or absent facts. The last part of the book gives us knowledge about some of the tricks that are designed by the marketers to give false health claims and thus sucking our pockets dry.

On picking this book to read I wasn't sure of what to expect. After reading it I was so excited that the book was so interesting and it turned out to be a great read. The book gives us a lot of information on how we can take responsibilities of our bodies. There are a lot of things to learn from this book which we can apply in our daily lives to make it healthier and simpler.

I liked this book because it is filled with useful information and knowledge about health. By reading the book I learned so much about health and the misconceptions about the health that I need to get rid of. Second, I loved the author's writing style because the use of simple medical language makes readers read and understand the book well even those with no medical background. However, I did not find any reason to dislike the book because it gives us answers to our questions on fitness, food, and health.

I rate Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD 4 out of 4 stars because it is well-researched and informative. Also, the author gave us references so that we can read more on our own. Last but not least, there is so much to learn about our health from the book. I did not give this book 3 out of 4 stars because the book was well-written because it is free from typo errors. Also, I noted that the author seems to only advocate those medical concepts that are backed by solid medical evidence. I recommend this book to all the readers who are health conscious.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kister Bless's review? Post a comment saying so!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”