Review by Janalyn101 -- Knowing He's There

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Janalyn101
2019 Reading Goal: 90
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Review by Janalyn101 -- Knowing He's There

Post by Janalyn101 » 03 Jun 2019, 15:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "Knowing He's There" by Charles Sacchetti.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Knowing He’s There By Charles Sacchetti

The story starts with the first time Charlie felt God‘s subtle but unmistakable touch. He was eight years old when he met Tommy, aka Spinner. Someone he grew to consider his big brother, a lifelong friend and a positive force in his life. He invited him to play baseball on his team; it was his first time playing. That simple request would eventually parlay itself into him playing for the Valley league on his summer vacation from Temple University. The University that he would work for and eventually meet his wife at.

He also tells us a beautiful story about his father-in-law and a hammer he gave to their daughter. Although the hammer was meant to cause havoc, it would eventually come to be a sign that he was still with them.

He also tells us about his quirky Uncle Mario, a story about a a noise you don’t want to hear at 10,000 feet, and the story of Mother Mary on the mountain of rubble. This book is loaded with funny, yet touching stories. It was a mix between an autobiography and a Proof of God story.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This was the perfect mix of storytelling and humor. Mr. Sacchetti shares his life with us in the meaningful ways God lets hisself be known. He also shares a beautiful story about his aunt and uncle and an angel, that I found truly touching. I believe my least favorite part of this book was when it was over and my most favorite part, was everything else. I cannot express how much I absolutely loved this book. I think anyone who believes in God, will enjoy this book. I think if you do not believe in God, you will probably not like this book. As they say, for those who believe, proof is not required. And for those who don’t believe, there is never enough proof.

This book was edited perfectly and has no errors. That is why I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed this and will be reading it again.

Knowing He's There
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Janalyn101's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”