Review by Shilpa Paul -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pe...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review by Shilpa Paul -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pe...

Post by Shilpa Paul » 03 Jun 2019, 13:26

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detective In The Korean Peninsula by R. F. Kristi is the eighth book of The Inca Cat Detective series but can be undoubtedly read as a standalone book too. The book is short and fast-paced, typically comprising of 120 pages. The length of each paragraph is very short which helps in capturing the brief span of attention of children. The amazing illustrations make it very interesting. The book began with the introduction of Inca, her family, and her company using very impressive illustrations which will have you glued to it.

Inca and her family are traveling to Korea with Mom. They address their owner as a mom. Mom has been cordially invited to judge a French patisserie competition to be held in South Korea. She is in addition been offered an opportunity to exhibit her new cheese recipe. Inca and her gang are extremely excited about the trip. The adventure that eagerly awaits them on this memorable trip is very engaging and thrilling.

The book is definitely very educative for kids. Kristi does not merely present a picture of the geographical location, its beauty but it also highlights the political unrest between North and South Korea. In this book, she highlights the emotions of the families that have been separated due to the division of the country. The friend and families and are forced to live across the borders, longing to have a glimpse of each other. The book also incorporates the moral values like loyalty, friendship, companionship, family bonding and being sensitive to the complex situation around you.

The book is professionally edited as I found no errors. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to be read by children between the age group of 8 to 12. They are certain to enjoy the adventures of Inca and her gang.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Shilpa Paul's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kelyn
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 174
Currently Reading: Last Another Day
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelyn.html
Latest Review: Spellbound by Zach Wise
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Kelyn » 15 Jun 2019, 15:04

I love children's books that are educative as well as entertaining. It's a difficult thing for an author to achieve and it sounds as if Kristij did it well. I've been considering this book to review and I'd love to read it. Thanks for the great review!
It's not hoarding if its books! :techie-studyingbrown:

Artizi
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi » 15 Jun 2019, 18:53

I read this book myself as well, and though I don't agree with your opinion, I think it's great we are able to read the same book and feel so differently about it. Each person, after all, enjoys different styles and has different preferences!. So kudos for a great review.

If you wouldn't mind checking my latest review, that would be greatly appreciated!

All the best!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

briellejee
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2018 Reading Goal: 120
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2017 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by briellejee » 08 Jul 2019, 00:53

This seems to be a good informative book for kids and adults alike. Also liked that you talked about certain emotions incorporated in the book especially about separating families and other cultures as well. Thanks for the review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"

Ekta Kumari
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Pity the Devil' Wife by W. Hanelan
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari » 08 Jul 2019, 04:17

Amazing review! I also read the book and immensely enjoyed it. I like how you point out the dominant themes. Thank you for a succinct review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant

Sushan
2019 Reading Goal: 10
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 230
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Sushan » 11 Aug 2019, 03:51

I am glad to find another reviewer who goes gor in depth means in a children's book. Nice review 👍👍
"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help"

Abraham Lincoln

:techie-studyingbrown: $u$han €kanayak€ :techie-studyingbrown:

Nerea
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 120
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Nerea » 11 Aug 2019, 06:15

I agree, the book is educational and entertaining too. I loved the moral lessons incorporated in the book. Great review. Kudos.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”