Review by C-obi -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review by C-obi -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by C-obi » 01 Jun 2019, 14:12

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton. E. Travel, M.D, is a two hundred and seventy-nine paged course, bordering on different issues related to health, from foods to allergies. It also talks about the author's view on general, trending speculations by the public, based on research findings.

The book is detailed and bases its views on studies conducted over the years. It throws more light on pressing health matters. Sensitive issues such as weight loss, food supplements, and their true effects, genetically improved species of crops, irradiation of food items, gluten-free foods, their existing implications, and so on, were extensively discussed.

The book was indeed an eye-opener and gave very helpful tips on how to live a healthy lifestyle. It also included humorous statements by the author, that made reading much more fun. It created more awareness on sensitive issues such as lie detectors and the reactions of the public to recommendations made by popular TV hosts, with regards to certain products. Morton. E. Travel presented himself as a fearless man, who exposed the truth with the pen and paper. He stood out as an author, who fearlessly wrote out the flaws of a society that was beginning to breed individuals who were determined to fill up their pockets even it meant the harm of the innocent. He went all out to list out names of offenders and in my heart, I doffed an invisible hat of respect to this man.

What I liked most about the book was its amazing and professional editing. It also concluded subtopics with statements of humor. Morton .E. Travel did a great job in combining facts, statements and humor, all in one book.

What I disliked about the book was the fact that it was not a story. Despite that, I am still impressed with the book.

I am rating the book four out of four stars. The book had some of its boring moments, but the fact remains that the motive of the author was to improve the healthy lifestyle of the general public.

I am recommending the book for adults above 25. These, I believe, are individuals who have become increasingly aware of their health status, and how important it is to make adjustments where necessary.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like C-obi's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”