Review by Popcorn1 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Popcorn1 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by Popcorn1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After what happened in the industrial town of Virko, Galen had somehow understood something about his new home. Feeling the concern of his new friend, he felt the need to help his friend. This decision led them to travel to the capital of Voulhire which is called Soulhire. As trouble is brewing in the capital, many unexpected variables are cropping up. This led to one question being answered then leading to many more questions from the answer itself.

We Are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End by Matthew Tysz is the third book of a series. This book tells about the journey of Galen after what happened in the town of Virko. This book narrates the third big step of Galen’s character development. Although Galen’s naivety is still present, at least he is a fast learner and his ignorance in the ways of Voulhire is being remedied. The development of the other characters here is also a little slow. The author pays attention to the development of every minor character, which affects the speed of how the story is delivered.

I have noticed a few things from reading the first book up until the third book. The first is that the story telling is a little slow. The second is the author’s writing style where there is a lot of monologue from the characters. The third is that a major event will happen in every book and will end up in suspense. The fourth is that the main character will only be involved lightly when a major event occurs. The fifth is that the author’s way of creating a story is different from other authors of the same genre. When I got to this third book, I noticed that the story flow does not seem to lead to the major plots where the main character will save the day or the world.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. The story did not evoke a thrill when I read it. I did not encounter a part where my emotions would build up and then fall like a roller coaster. This book did not fully captivate me. It only scratched the surface and the saving grace of this book is that I like the uniqueness of the story where it is not the cliche save the world story. I did not give this book a 3 star rating because of the reasons stated above. I recommend this book to those people who love to read sci-fi/fantasy genre and those who love to read suspense stories.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves

Like Popcorn1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”