Review by Hiruni Bhagya 81 -- We are Voulhire: Someone E...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Hiruni Bhagya 81 -- We are Voulhire: Someone E...

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 27 May 2019, 15:10

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'Shore against Soulhire' is the case widely anticipated in Voulhirian court. University students want to open their kingdom to refugees from the Lands of Princes, the chain of islands that had been in war for over twenty years. There's one slight problem with this request. Accepting it might direct the wrath of Emperor of Lullabies on Voulhire.

Before the case is closed, King Wilhelm, the king of Voulhire, is betrayed by one of his confidants, and Emperor of Lullabies is aware of the situation at Soulhire. Now, no one is sure of the outcome of this misunderstanding.

Galen Bray, the blacksmith of Magnum Caelum, and his two companions are going to Soulhire with the intention of having an audience with the king and getting his help with the situation in Virko, a city currently inhabited by demons. Will their meeting be successful or disastrous?

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End, the third book of We are Voulhire series, written by Matthew Tysz is a continuation of its prequel and begins three weeks from when the second book concluded. It's written from the perspectives of multiple characters. Like the other two books, the author uses both first person and third person points of view.

I liked a lot of things about this book. So if you asked me what I liked best, it would be difficult to pinpoint one thing. But, I think what I liked most was the way the author surprised me again and again. Even the character development became a surprise with certain characters. That's why I can assure you that many characters are not what they appear initially. I changed my perspective of several such characters after getting to know them better.

I don't think I disliked anything in this book. If there's anything I can change about it, then that would be its length. We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End is a book of 114 pages. It felt too short, and I reached its final page too quickly for my liking. Therefore, even without knowing whether it has a sequel, I'm hoping for one.

Usually, I don't recommend Tysz's books to young readers for many reasons. His books are full of profanity and sometimes there are vivid details of gruesome murders and dead bodies. Also, they contain dark themes. But, if you're up for a little bit of profanity, even young readers might be able to enjoy We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End. As this is a sci-fi and fantasy book, all lovers of those two genres will also find it to their liking. Unfortunately, this is not a standalone novel, and if you want to enjoy this book without any confusion, then you'll definitely have to read the first two books.

I'm ecstatic to be able to award it a full score of 4 out of 4 stars. When I saw several typos, I was afraid that I'd have to deduct a star. But, fortunately, I only noticed 5 mistakes. I don't think I'll have to give reasons as to why I gave it a perfect score. I'm sure it's apparent from every single word in my review.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves

Like Hiruni Bhagya 81's review? Post a comment saying so!

Prisallen
2019 Reading Goal: 104
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 48
Favorite Book: The Unbound Soul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Shaft by Scott B Delaney

Post by Prisallen » 29 Jun 2019, 09:14

This does sound like a fantastic book, but I have not read the other two. I may have to take a look at them, though, especially since you liked this one. Thanks for a wonderful review!

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 29 Jun 2019, 10:27

Prisallen wrote:
29 Jun 2019, 09:14
This does sound like a fantastic book, but I have not read the other two. I may have to take a look at them, though, especially since you liked this one. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Thanks so much for reading my review and your kind words! Yes, take a look at them. I'm sure you'll find them interesting.

Kibetious
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 30
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading: The Onam Rhyme and Other Passages from Time, (American Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: Is God Worth a Dime by Sandra Kay Cooper

Post by Kibetious » 06 Jul 2019, 02:31

I can relate to the fear you had when you began noticing the mistakes. It recently happened to me and the book was quite interesting. Fortunately, the errors did not exceed the minimum required. Thanks for this exciting review.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 09 Jul 2019, 12:31

Kibetious wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 02:31
I can relate to the fear you had when you began noticing the mistakes. It recently happened to me and the book was quite interesting. Fortunately, the errors did not exceed the minimum required. Thanks for this exciting review.
I'm glad to hear that the book you read didn't exceed the error limit. I'll try to find it in your reviews. So, thanks a lot for commenting.

Ekta Kumari
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Pity the Devil' Wife by W. Hanelan
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari » 10 Jul 2019, 04:05

Amazing review! I read the first book in this series and immensely enjoyed the worldbuilding and the suspense as well. I love how well edited these books are; it makes the read even more engaging. I admire you on summarising the book so well. Thanks for reviewing it.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant

Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 » 12 Jul 2019, 16:05

Ekta Kumari wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 04:05
Amazing review! I read the first book in this series and immensely enjoyed the worldbuilding and the suspense as well. I love how well edited these books are; it makes the read even more engaging. I admire you on summarising the book so well. Thanks for reviewing it.
If you enjoyed the previous books of this series, most probably you will find this to your tastes. So, thanks a lot for reading my review and commenting!

danielleamy
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 54
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: All Together Dead
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Chopped by Bip Wetherell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy » 13 Jul 2019, 15:20

This sounds interesting! It's a shame this one was so short, as it's obvious how much you enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation, I may have to read this series
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl

Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: Chase and the Trampoline Car by Meridyth Sutherland

Post by Daniel_ » 15 Jul 2019, 01:27

I've only read the first book of this series which I really enjoyed; I hope to enjoy reading this too.
Great review!

Fuzaila
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 170
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: White Jaguar
Bookshelf Size: 1062
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: Through Each Other's Eyes by Aleena Ashe

Post by Fuzaila » 29 Jul 2019, 10:49

I usually prefer young adult books without the bout of profanity and it's good to know this book meets that mark. However, I'm in no mood for another series bingeing so I guess I'll pass after all :) Glad you enjoyed the book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”