Review by NicholetH -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicholet Haumann
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 420
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholet-haumann.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by NicholetH -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival un...

Post by Nicholet Haumann »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Voulhire is a Kingdom with prosperity and pride. Galen Bray goes to Voulhire, a city called Magnum Caelum, because he is the heir of his great uncle’s forge business whom he did not know. This is a great opportunity for him and will change his life in many ways. He does not know anything about forging but is very eager to learn. His uncle’s executor Rowan who came looking for him helps in his endeavors. Galen comes from a land called Land of Princes which is riddled with war and famine.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies written by Matthew Tysz is the Premier novel of this series. It felt like an introduction to the world of Voulhire and its surroundings and the people living in and around it. It is a Fantasy novel with magic and adventure in it. There are many characters in this novel and the character development was very good.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies for me was a fantastic read. It captured and kept my interest throughout the entire story. Once I started reading I had to keep reading until the end. The book was very fast paced which I liked. The book was short but it did not take away from the feeling of a good read. A part I liked in the book was the way the author described the view, “where the moon and the galaxy ignited the far black ocean.” There was not anything I did not like in this book, although the part in the book where the children were murdered was a little disturbing.

I am looking forward to the second book in this series called The Fires of Virko. What I liked most about the book was the details and the informative nature the author writes in. Matthew Tysz is an amazing fictional writer with great imagination and a keen eye for a good story. This book is very original. This book was professionally edited and I could not find many typographical nor grammatical errors or mistakes within it.

I give this book a strong 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it 4 stars because I did not find a dull moment in the entire story. I would recommend this book to adult readers who like fantasy novels and sci-fi and who like magic and mages. I do not recommend it to children and young adults because of the violence and some adult content. I would like to congratulate Matthew Tysz on a very well written book.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like NicholetH's review? Post a comment saying so!
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by The Holy Grail »

I am looking forward to the second book too! This was an amazing one to me as well. Wonderful review!
Oreoluwa281
Currently Reading: David's Sling
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa281.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Oreoluwa281 »

Thank you for sharing this fantastic and honest review. I have read this book and, I enjoyed every detail of the book I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”