Review by Krissykat -- The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Krissykat
Currently Reading: Raptor
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krissykat.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Review by Krissykat -- The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Post by Krissykat » 16 May 2019, 18:21

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Second Cup" by Sarah Marie Graye.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Second Cup, by Sarah Marie Graye, is a story about friendships, life struggles, mental disorders, and how it affects them selves and their friendships. Each friend has their own story, and are all connected to each other. There are four main characters. Faye, who is heartbroken over a big breakup. Beth, who feels stuck in her marriage. Olivia, a shy and timid woman, and Abbie, who has been married multiple times.

I rate this book a 2 out of 4 solely because it was quite confusing to follow. It was difficult to stay aware of which character was narrating, what story was being told, and who's story it was about. There are many characters to keep up with, as well as stories. One minute Beth will be the one telling a story about Faye, and abruptly in the next paragraph, Olivia will be the one talking about a different story about Abbie.

Other than all the confusion throughout Sarah Marie Grayes novel, her capture of real life struggles, including mental disorders are deeply relatable to many people in the world. I myself struggle with depression and anxiety. This read hits it on point what it's like for those with these disorders. As well as how it affects others around them.

The Second Cup would greatly appeal to all adults who struggle with mental disorders, and those who have a loved one struggling with these disorders. The book can help to understand the fight with living with these disorders.

Even though this can be a helpful read, I wouldn't recommend it, as it was too confusing to follow. Would have been better if the stories were more organized, rather than being all over the place.

The Second Cup
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Krissykat's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”